Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic tahr hunt august (Read 2621 times)
Arenstorff
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

tahr hunt august
Jun 13th, 2019 at 9:10am
Print Post  
hi there

a some years im finally heading back to nz to hunt again.

me and a friend will be coming down all of august with no other goal then trying to bag a bull tahr with a bow.

last time I was in nz I had never hunted before, and was lucky enough to get in contact with 264magic thou this awesome forum (witch I have follow ever since with big interest) ho toke me out hunting on and of for a month, one of the best guys I have ever met, toke a total stranger out hunting, feed me, house me between hunts, and ask nothing in return, a true legen in my book.
since then thinks have happened, I have guided in South Africa, live and guided in greenland for 3 years, and now I work as I guid in cameroon, so hopefully im not as green behind my ears as I was last time Wink
but that being said, the man ho dont lisen to locals, will suffer. did that in greenland waiting for the bus with no hat, 4 min later I had frostbite in my ear, witch swell to double size, big fun for my greenlandic girlfriend, and her friends Grin so I will ask for all the help I get, from what gear to bring, to where to go, and if some one wants to tag along for some of the trip we will be more the happy. I know we not getting the big secret spot, and that fair enough, just some place that we have good chances, and DOC haven't shoot away all the tahr, then we are more then happy.

short about my self, im a 28 years old boy from dk, I have a "real" job a few month a year to make money to hunt, beside that, I guide and I hunt, write a bit for a danish hunting mag, and that pretty much my live.
Im actually a educated chef, and spend 4 years in the military. I rather have a beer a the dirty pub then I drink at a fancy club.

now I just can't wait for it to be august so I can start hunting again Grin

IP Logged

awaterelad
Donor Member

bloody work, i should
be hunting

Re: tahr hunt august
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
hello, im happy to help with advice at least, i bow hunt too. i cant promise to come with you this far out from august and now live in the north island but send me a message and ill do my best to help you nail some tahr with arrows

IP Logged

cb14
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Are you able to post anything about your guiding in Cameroon?

IP Logged

Arenstorff
Just Joined

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
awaterelad wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 7:20pm:
hello, im happy to help with advice at least, i bow hunt too. i cant promise to come with you this far out from august and now live in the north island but send me a message and ill do my best to help you nail some tahr with arrows

thanks a lot will do

IP Logged

Arenstorff
Just Joined

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
cb14 wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 7:36pm:
Are you able to post anything about your guiding in Cameroon?

will do, Im a idiot at computers, and still haven't figured out the hole picture thing in here Grin but I can do a text about the work I do there and the different kind of animals we hunt there, its a truly amazing place

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards