Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fewer shooters around (Read 763 times)
Duxbac

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Fewer shooters around
Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
We got our limits again this year, but we were scratching to get them each time we got out as the season wore on. Seems to be less and fewer shooters around than ever before. Not enough hunters to keep the birds up in the air, as they can sit on waterways as long they like. After opening day never heard another shot fired for the rest of the season. Seems to be getting worse and worse, have any other duck shooters found this out as well.? be interesting to see.

AIM  
IP Logged

mallardbuster
Forum Font

Bad day hunting beats
a good day working

Re: Fewer shooters around
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Hi there Duxbac,I know a few shooters that had a such a good opening weekend they havenít been out since,Also I think we as hunters need to promote more on ways of cooking our wild game other than roast duck,Also we need to be encouraging more younger people into our sport,Maybe Waterfowl clubs be started up?. Good on you for getting out, Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
some of us still have another month and a half to go so not rushing it.
work is crazy busy over this couple of weeks so any spare moment is spent sleeping.
recipe....cook your corned beef in crockpot/slow cooker,little water and squirt of golden syrup...pull out and carve for tea,get frozen duck from freezer,remove from plastic bag (recycled bread bags at my place,next time someone tried to sell you cheese rolls say "yes please as long as I can have all the empty bread bags") put frozen duck in the hot crockpot juices.leave it turned off with lid on over night and flick switch on next moring as you head out door to work...it will be falling off bones when you get home from work....if the Mrs doesnt like the smell of it cooking in house place it outside with extension cord out window to power it up.  Wink

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
I have the same depressing observation.  It's one reason why it was a step backwards to loose the poor gooses off the license.  It was a way to get new people into the sport, god knows we need some new ways.  With the Grant Theft Semi Auto going on some people will loose guns, all will have to reapply for their firearms license with much stricter licensing requirements.  This is going to knock out more shooters and send the sport even further into the death spiral.

F&G need to do more in my opinion to get youth into the sport.  Without license sales they are nothing so they need to be doing things that sell more licenses.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. †Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Thewoodman
Forum Senior

chop them up!!

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
SFA all birds in Gissy. Shot few, and seen stuff all about the place

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards