Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New to the Hawkes Bay (Read 147 times)
Hunting In Jandals

In there like swimwear

New to the Hawkes Bay
May 20th, 2019 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Hi guys ive recently moved to the Hawkes bay after a couple years overseas and previously in Christchurch and im having a tough time finding public areas where i can try for some ducks or pheasants or anything really, fish and game haven't been terribly helpful their response was that i could just go shoot in any river in the area but everywhere i've been along the rivers there's people walking dogs and houses right on the rivers etc etc so was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to some good access points where i could let off some shots without terrorizing the public.
Thanks guys

IP Logged

awaterelad
Donor Member

bloody work, i should
be hunting

Re: New to the Hawkes Bay
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
drive around and find the access points, drive up and down any of the roads adjacent to the rivers, there are stop banks with tracks on them, i was a newbie to the bay nearly 3years ago and it didnt take too long to find a few ok spots, i dont think anyone will be too forth coming with their information, or get a spot x birding book

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards