Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lake Selfe & Lake Georgina (Read 671 times)
mortyboy1
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Lake Selfe & Lake Georgina
Apr 8th, 2019 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have any updated info as to why you still cant camp at Lake Selfe and Lake Georgina, Even in a proper self contained camper. They have now installed new toilets at both Lakes. I rang the Selwyn District council and was told it was because rubbish was being left behind by campers & it wasnt just the toilet issue. ??? Cheers

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Lake Selfe & Lake Georgina
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
That's correct. I use to camp next those lakes and the amount of bottles, general rubbish, toilet paper left behind sometimes hidden in the bushes was pretty bad at times. It was the Coleridge locals that got the Selwyn Council to ban camping. Probably very hard to change back now? If you have a self container camper and i tent camp using the new toilet facilities then we should all be allowed?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards