Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Democracy (Read 773 times)
MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Re: Democracy
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Democracy is not the only thing that died.  Also freedom of speech and the right to privacy (due to increased surveillance powers that are sure to come).

I think we should also acknowledge the 50 innocent members of our community that died as this is the biggest tragedy.

We can't do much about the 50 dead people other than ensure that the madman who did it never sees the light of day and support the relatives of the victims.  The other things that died are under our control.

Looking at the history in Australia when John Howard did the same thing one thing that happened in was that enough voters felt disenfranchised to support a minor party (the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party).  Minor parties can hold the balance of power under MMP.

I don't think we are ever getting our semi auto center-fires back but we can at least hope that a political party emerges who can represent us.

It's also worth not forgetting two organisations that threw us under the bus - Fish and Fame and Hunting and Fishing.  I think F&G were just relieved that 5 shot semi auto shotguns survives and H&F just saw dollar signs for all the replacement rifles.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
I've been mourning that mythical unicorn a few years now, and then I realised "hey don't be sad, something can't die if it never was". In an odd way it is nice to see it becoming more obvious by the year. Emperor is starkers.

Had a laugh at the concept of the post though, nicely done!!  Grin  Cheesy

IP Logged

Joe_90

If your too open minded
then bits fall out.

Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 8:12am
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:50pm:

It's also worth not forgetting two organisations that threw us under the bus - Fish and Fame and Hunting and Fishing.  I think F&G were just relieved that 5 shot semi auto shotguns survives and H&F just saw dollar signs for all the replacement rifles.

You're bang on there. I won't buy items from Hunting and Fishing stores now. Highly doubt it'll make any difference to them with the amount I spend a year though  Roll Eyes

Waddya mean its not edible?

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #18 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Gazcan wrote on Apr 10th, 2019 at 8:11am:
Chin up, cup-cakes. In many parts of Africa no-one has even heard of the word "Democracy". It just doesn't exist.

Yes they have. Its looking down the barrel of a gun.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #19 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 11:42am
Print Post  
XRhunter wrote on Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:31am:
What I find quite most concerning regarding our democratic processes is the point that has only come to light (to me) during the submission process. People from overseas appear to be able to put in submissions and skew data concerning NZ Acts of Parliament!!!! Surely that's akin to foreign interference into another State's affairs Angry Angry Angry So if the Green Party get on the Email list of their fellow Green komrades around the world and tell them to put in pro forma submissions supporting the bill, the finds will so 60% support for the bill
But dig a bit deeper and you'll see most all the submissions around 4kb in size were proforma submissions supporting the bill, and contained Zero personal information other than name, whereas most all submissions of a much greater kb size contained (mostly) well worded submissions on how them and their family would be affected by the rushed passing of this bill.
Smells big time.
I would have expected a minimum of proof of citizenship/residency to be able to have ANY say so on domestic politics. Experts, well they should have been identified formally as experts.  Just saying.

Theres the difference. In one sweep of the broom they are removing a personal freedom, and in the next they are adding a personal freedom. (choice).

When I think about it, thats a lot of what Politicians do isnt it. They have to do something all day in Parliament. The obvious thing is make new legislation.  Grin 

Reminds me of when I was managing properties. When the owners arrived for their annual holiday they always wanted to leave their mark. You know, leave something behind or make an improvment as it was their property and they wanted to mark the patch..

Easiest visible thing to do was pull out the chainsaw and cut down a tree. They certainly made a difference and someone else got to clean up the mess.  Grin

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards