Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Gopro Setting for Hunting (Read 623 times)
Bevan
Just Joined

Gopro Setting for Hunting
Mar 29th, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Hey Team,

Wondering if anyone has found a successful setting for their gopro for deer hunting?

I've struggled to find a setting that actually sees the deer out past 10-20m, especially in the bush.

I wear mine on a cap brim mount (hat) that I jimmy'd up using one of the screw on gopro mounts. I've got footage where I am looking directly at a deer in the eye in the bush and upon review of the gopro footage you cant see it at all until it moves away and thats only the movement. Other footage of deer in the clearing however they are only really a blur.

I appreciate its not the ideal camera for our sport and POV hunting video, but curious to see if anyone out there has actually found a setting which delivers better results than others?

I've left mine at home for the last couple hunts but going into some good country for the roar and would be keen to get some footage if I can suss the right setting.

Any feedback apprecaited

IP Logged

Mtn Breeze
Forum Senior

At least it's not raining
!!!

Re: Gopro Setting for Hunting
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
You can't really expect too much from action cameras full stop. Their wide field of view is far from ideal for what you're trying to achieve unfortunately. But you could try shooting in 4K then scaling in on the footage in post processing to get a "zoomed in" image. That way you won't lose so image data/quality to the point of being unusable.

Matt

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards