Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic OSPRI CAVALIER IN USE OF TOXINS (Read 289 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

OSPRI CAVALIER IN USE OF TOXINS
Mar 27th, 2019 at 5:03pm
Print Post  

27 March 2019

PRESS RELEASE: OSPRI CAVALIER IN USE OF TOXINS

The NZ Outdoors Party is calling for an immediate moratorium on OSPRI’s aerial toxin operations.

Today OSPRI admitted to poisoning 90% of the deer on a 62,000 hectare block of Molesworth station in a botched aerial 1080 operation.

The Outdoors Party have evidence that this same operation resulted in the deaths of thousands of lady bugs which fed on the poisoned deer carcasses, shedding new light on the previously unresearched impact of 1080 on insects.

The Outdoors Party recently released the results of an extensive analysis of all previous OSPRI aerial 1080 operations.  It showed that of the 2.75 million hectares of land aerially poisoned with 1080 by OSPRI only 7% had any monitoring of possum numbers before and after the drops.

Co-Leader, David Haynes commented “The Molesworth tragedy and our research clearly shows OSPRI are far too casual and cavalier to be allowed to disperse one of the world’s most deadly toxins across our public lands.  They must be stopped before they do any more damage.”

The analysis of OSPRI aerial 1080 operations can be found at http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz/ospri-1080-the-facts/#

END

David Haynes

Co-Leader

NZ Outdoors Party

Ph: 03 546 6051

Mob: 0272 351 833

E: david@outdoorsparty.co.nz

www.outdoorsparty.co.nz

https://www.facebook.com/nzoutdoorsparty/

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Re: OSPRI CAVALIER IN USE OF TOXINS
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
so moneys been spent and proven that 1080 is infact an effective deer control method,  is it possible they could turn this info against and pursue getting it registered for use on deer or are their other barriers preventing that possibility like dose rate etc?

Good luck in getting ospri to cease drops,  IMO the wrong organisations are being targeted to make any progress. it should be campaigned on a health or food saftey issue and at an international level unless pressure is applied from trading partners there really is no incentive for them to reconsider 1080 use as there is only a small percentage of the public support needed to make them buckle.

Animal welfare and environmental impact is starting to be a big part of what our trading partners look at,  im pretty sure some would be appalled at the collateral damage and scale of poisoning that occurs to support the meat and dairy industry.  untill its publicised overseas and our bottom line is affected dont expect change.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Good luck in getting ospri to cease drops,  IMO the wrong organisations are being targeted to make any progress. it should be campaigned on a health or food saftey issue and at an international level unless pressure is applied from trading partners there really is no incentive for them to reconsider 1080 use as there is only a small percentage of the public support needed to make them buckle.

Animal welfare and environmental impact is starting to be a big part of what our trading partners look at,  im pretty sure some would be appalled at the collateral damage and scale of poisoning that occurs to support the meat and dairy industry.  untill its publicised overseas and our bottom line is affected dont expect change.

Yep, like 'gonehuntin' says - if the Chinese PM had said "Stop poisoning our your country" instead of "Trust us", you'd find immediate Cabinet discussion and the phasing out of aerial 1080 in only ten days  Wink

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
only downside to that sf90 would be poorly worded in the rush also,  the silly twits would probably end up banning farming or something stoopid

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 3:05pm
Print Post  

Yep, the funny thing with a politician is we expect them to have some clues, maybe even some expertise in something - but I don't know if that's true, because I don't think I've ever seen an elected one display that.

Pay heed Alan - if you ever get elected you're gonna have to trade in a significant portion of your IQ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards