Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reloading U/O (Read 3388 times)
Deer hunter Duck Shooter

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reloading U/O
Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:02am
Print Post  
I do some clay shooting with different groups of people I know, always use a semi and pump action. I have decided that it is probably easier to have U/O's.
This is for safety and ease of loading.
It is always hard to tell how many shots are left in a semi, or pump.

My thoughts, so let me know if I am on the right track as I have never even used an U/O.

1. U/O can be broken open so it is safe for all to see.

2. Easy to reload and know how many shots are in.

Question ???

When you fire one shot and open it, do both shells eject, what do you do, catch them or search around on the ground for unspent round.

Any other comments on logistics or problems I may run into would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: Reloading U/O
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
depends on how gun is set up as to how shells come out...some present both to be removed,some throw them across your shoulder with some force,some chuck out only fired shells.
as to how many shots are left in semi or pump....if you only put in two.....just saying like Wink
you shouldnt have any problems in function or logistics.
SOME u/o s can be a right tart to remove bottom shell in a tight space as barrels hold slightly up /not fully open and the only issue I had with my first one was VERY ocasionally a rim would drop behind bottom ejector...not a major problem but was a pain at the time....never seen it on another gun,the rusky Ive used for some time now is a solid workhorse that just wont die.

IP Logged

Deer hunter Duck Shooter

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Thanks for that MD, ones that just throw empties sounds good.
I hear what you are saying just putting in two shots, and I do do that I was just wondering if I could do it better.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
my pump came with a hunk of plastic rod inside the coil spring......in effect it pinned the shotgun to 2 shot.

IP Logged

Deer hunter Duck Shooter

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
I got an U/O I love it, it works exactly the way I thought it would.  And those electors only ejecting the spent shell is just a dream. Thanks MD.
Roll on opening day had a clay shoot with my neighbor buddy that I shoot with. Was looking promising, will be a bit of a race on those sneaky singles that flop in. Don't think I will have it all my way like other years. He was fast on the Clay's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards