Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hunting Packs (Read 1406 times)
Roysromps
Just Joined

From the miighty Kaimai's

Hunting Packs
Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Would love if any of you have some decent recommendations on a hunting pack around 70-80 L . I'm looking to upgrade my current pack which is just a cheap thing off 1-day (surprised how long its lasted though to be fair)

Looking for something that can handle bush bashing and something big enough for a comfortable two nights.

Cheers

Not long till the horses start moaning now !

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: Hunting Packs
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
K2....all the way.I waited 20 years to buy a 90 litre hunter model...shouldve done it years a go. external frame and stands uo to heavy loads. they make smaller versions.

IP Logged

meathunter72
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
look for something with heavy duty canvas construction. I've used a macpac cascade for many years. Also used macpac Torre. Currently using a cactus foray as my cascade was getting a bit tired after 25 years of use.
You can usually find cheap second hand packs on trade me if you are on a budget

Keep the wind in your face and your freezer full.

IP Logged

kaitieke1

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I agree with you micky duck. k2 bloody good pack, basic comfortable and tough

IP Logged

Cheeese, Gromit
Just Joined

Time flies like the wind,
fruit flies like a banan

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
meathunter72 wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
look for something with heavy duty canvas construction. I've used a macpac cascade for many years. Also used macpac Torre. Currently using a cactus foray as my cascade was getting a bit tired after 25 years of use.
You can usually find cheap second hand packs on trade me if you are on a budget

Army and outdoors have some cool cheap military surplus, in terms of rucksacks etc. Theyre fairly cheap, durable, at the cost of weight and style (if you care) haha. Theyre also usually in very good nick too, people must deploy with them, and then they must get chucked and not reissued

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Font

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
I use a One World McMillan which is a canvas Australian Pack 70 litres - the owner originally worked for Macpac NZ from years ago. Good quality and reasonably priced strong as an ox with good fit. Mines been given a good hiding over the last couple of years and has no damage at all.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Go Canvas. Bought a Macpac Torre expedition when I was 15. Now 60. Its still going strong. Been all over the world a dozen times, hauled impressive loads up and down the NI. Max deer I managed to cram into it was 3 Japs. Back still feels it, and that was 20 years ago Huh But pack is still bloody fine. Might need a bit of stiching repairs in another year or three.......

IP Logged

A3084ME

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 2:53am
Print Post  
I've been using a Cactus BLT for the last 5yrs, a little on the heavy side and not cheap but still looks almost brand new, basic harness system, not loads of straps and things to get hooked up.one thing is for comfortable fit you really have to get the correct length to suit your own back.

IP Logged

shananah

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Another happy K2 user, had mine for years, always a good carry & when a strap gave up the ghost, the one I always swung it up by, I was able to purchase new straps from the manufacturer for a modest price. I reckon its got more years left in it than the bugger that carries it.  Grin

IP Logged

Rich
Donor Member

Reply #9 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:00am
Print Post  
XRhunter wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:38pm:
Go Canvas. Bought a Macpac Torre expedition when I was 15. Now 60. Its still going strong. Been all over the world a dozen times, hauled impressive loads up and down the NI. Max deer I managed to cram into it was 3 Japs. Back still feels it, and that was 20 years ago Huh But pack is still bloody fine. Might need a bit of stiching repairs in another year or three.......

Have. Macpac Torre also, had it for about 10 years, very tough, comfortable no nonsense pack and would definitely buy another but probably wonít need too as Iím picking it will last

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards