Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Travelling to Argentina with guns (Read 1165 times)
Olorin
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Travelling to Argentina with guns
Feb 22nd, 2019 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Just wondering if there are any hunters here who have travelled to Argentina recently (within the last couple of years) for doves and taken their own semi-auto with them. Did you successfully get issued a permit from the Argentine Consulate in Wellington and can you provide any details or a contact person to deal with directly?
Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

muzza
Donor Member

Older and grumpier

Re: Travelling to Argentina with guns
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
you need to have a read here -http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/994107165/m/4231074632

If I were going back to Argentina I would serious consider using the outfitters firearms , saves the hassle of import/export , security before and after the hunt etc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

IP Logged

Olorin
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the link - interesting reading but still after an answer to the original question.

I have been multiple times and have taken my own shotguns every time (an over/under 20ga and a semi-auto 20ga) and the import process has varied from extremely easy to tedious and time-consuming but ultimately successful. Seems to be completely dependent on port of entry - if Cordoba it is a straightforward process, the reverse can be the case if transiting through BA.

My last trip was the first after the relatively recent law change that required consulate permission (as well as the RENAR permit) to import semi-auto shotguns - I enquired with the Consulate in Wellington and was met by shrugs and blank stares so as time was running short I decided to wing it with only the RENAR permit. Unfortunately this turned out to be a mistake as my semi-auto was confiscated at the airport in BA and required me to change my travel plans to pick it up again on the way out of the country. Not a major problem, but an extra expense and pain in the a*** and it left be without my favourite dove gun.
Interestingly i was informed that if it had been my first visit to the country they would have cleared me and my firearms no problem but they had all the details of my previous trips on file so no joy.

I would thourougly recommend any shooters wanting to go to Argentina to take their own guns (especially double-barrelled weapons) and enter via Cordoba directly. When firing that many shots it is nice to use a gun that fits and you are familiar with, rather than using an aged worn lodge gun that has fired a quadrillion rounds.

Anyway, back to the original question - if anyone has managed to secure a permit from the Argentine Consulate in Wellington Id love to hear from you.

IP Logged

Olorin
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:53am
Print Post  
An update on this - I have managed to secure a permit through the Consulate in Wellington and if anybody out there would like to know how to go about it then please PM me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards