Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) All new, NZ Hunter Adventures, Season 5, starts tonight! (Read 13040 times)
imjustme

Re: All new, NZ Hunter Adventures, Season 5, starts tonight!
Reply #90 - May 3rd, 2019 at 11:34am
Print Post  
rimubay wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 8:50am:
The guy's a massive troll. Please stop feeding him.

you beat me to it

ignore and move on lifes to short.

IP Logged

Trout
Donor Member

Top NZ WhiteTail

Reply #91 - May 3rd, 2019 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Cantyguy wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 1:31pm:
Forester .243 wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 1:10pm:
A lot of hate here.....

Agreed! What a plonker. The show's worth watching just for the scenery alone.
+1 Wink

Shot a few deer,caugth some big trout and salmon

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #92 - May 3rd, 2019 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Is the tv show now finished for the season? Saw the duck shoot last week but nothing this week? Checked their web site and couldn't see a forecast for the next show? Looking forward to more hunts. Smiley

IP Logged

Marlin708

Reply #93 - May 6th, 2019 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Havenít seen any episodes this season but I enjoy the epic adventures.  Hunting is about getting out there and these guys have shown us some awesome places. Inspired many to great adventures and from my contact with them give great info and advice. Time to catch up on some episodes!

IP Logged

Greg Duley, NZ Hunter

NZ Hunter Magazine

Reply #94 - May 15th, 2019 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Been away filming for a while, but we need to answer a few of the valid questions/criticisms on here.

Season 5 has now finished Wednesday nights on Duke, but still has 4 episodes left to run on TV One, Sunday afternoons at 3pm for those who want to watch them. This Sunday we take the tough as nails Cleaver boys Conrad and Jack on their first South Island hunt - a winter wonderland hunt for bull tahr. Eight year old Jack is busting a gut to get a big shaggy bull tahr skin for his floor!
And of course all episodes are still available on TVNZ On-Demand.

This season Willie has been trying to find a way to make the Show economically viable, as it has not been up until now. This is a real delicate balancing act. We get no funding from NZ on Air or Te Mangai Paho (Maori Broadcasting funding) as most of the other TV and hunting shows do, so the only way to pay the wages and costs of producing the Show is with sponsors. This season Willie thinks he's hopefully got it to the point where it is viable enough to continue, but now we feel its veered a little too far the sponsors way in some episodes.  It is real tricky, trying to find the right combination to keep everyone happy. Next season we will be going back to more how-to based tips etc, and less intrusive sponsors promotion.

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #95 - May 15th, 2019 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Greg, don't take too much notice of the odd naysayer, or nitpicker, if you can do sponsorship deals with gear, equipment, etc. go for it.  Wink

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Horse
Forum Senior

Reply #96 - May 16th, 2019 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
!+1 a great program enjoyed by many, I have had positive comments from non hunters or trampers who enjoy the program for its scenery, animal footage. Keep up the good work Greg and Willy Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Cuzza
Donor Member

Reply #97 - May 16th, 2019 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Yeah, i reckon 5 minutes of your show Greg and you have added more value than the entire history of gonehuntins posts. I feel a bit sorry for Alan, trying to sell the fishnhunt site, but its dying because of people like gonehuntin.

Enjoy your show Greg, in my workplace a surprisingly high number of people watch it, many of whom never hunted before. Hope you keep going. Nice work.

IP Logged

EJL
Donor Member

Manapouri.... Heaven on
Earth

Reply #98 - May 16th, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Cuzza wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 1:25pm:
Yeah, i reckon 5 minutes of your show Greg and you have added more value than the entire history of gonehuntins posts. I feel a bit sorry for Alan, trying to sell the fishnhunt site, but its dying because of people like gonehuntin.

Enjoy your show Greg, in my workplace a surprisingly high number of people watch it, many of whom never hunted before. Hope you keep going. Nice work.

So true on every count. I only come in here occasionally now for an optimistic look in the hope that it's returned to an actual hunting and fishing forum. It's been screwed by a small group over the last few years. I normally post at least one report a year and have tried to open a discussion to get it returned to focusing on actual hunting etc, but failed. I haven't put a up a roar report this year because, well, I can't be arsed anymore.

Keep up the great work Greg and Willie, love your shows.

Impossible is nothing.....................

IP Logged

ReelLuckyBouy

Reply #99 - May 16th, 2019 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
X-POACHER-YEAH RYT wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 10:33pm:
Greg, don't take too much notice of the odd naysayer, or nitpicker, if you can do sponsorship deals with gear, equipment, etc. go for it. 

+1.
I don't like the amount of sponsorship but I'd rather endure it than no show. And I think the overall benefit to the hunting community is that great we should just support the show and be thankful we allowed hunting shows with all those nasty guns in them!! Grin

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Reply #100 - May 16th, 2019 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Like the show and never miss an episode!

Being a bush hunter in the central NI with 20 days annual leave and no money or skills to make the grand tours you guys do, I would like to see more bush hunting that I can relate to. Nothing wrong with shooting red stags long range in big country down south but that's been done and shown on TV plenty of times to be honest.

Would be nice to see a bit of fallow and sambar hunting - which will probably be right out of your comfort zone. Red Stag Hunters Club done a bit of fallow hunting and also sambar but plenty of improvements to be made and brownie points to score from us bush hobbits up here  Roll Eyes Spice it up with trips, species and country the average Joe Blogs hunter up here does.

IP Logged

uk_exile
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #101 - May 16th, 2019 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Don't mind the obvious sponsorship. Know why it's there and know we'd not see a decent show or not see a show at all if there weren't advertising within the show.
The future increase in how to & hints will be awesome

IP Logged

Greg Duley, NZ Hunter

NZ Hunter Magazine

Reply #102 - May 16th, 2019 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
JaSa wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 7:46pm:
Like the show and never miss an episode!

Being a bush hunter in the central NI with 20 days annual leave and no money or skills to make the grand tours you guys do, I would like to see more bush hunting that I can relate to. Nothing wrong with shooting red stags long range in big country down south but that's been done and shown on TV plenty of times to be honest.

Would be nice to see a bit of fallow and sambar hunting - which will probably be right out of your comfort zone. Red Stag Hunters Club done a bit of fallow hunting and also sambar but plenty of improvements to be made and brownie points to score from us bush hobbits up here† Roll Eyes Spice it up with trips, species and country the average Joe Blogs hunter up here does.

Hey JaSa, what about all our Sika roar hunting episodes? Don't they count as N.I. bush hunting episodes the average Joe Bloggs up here does? And we did a Rusa episode back a couple of seasons, and we've done quite a few Ruahine Red episodes, and one in the Tararuas hunting with an old 303. We have actually filmed a quite a few Sambar hunts, but don't have enough yet for an episode. We have an awesome Fallow episode filmed which you'll see next season, and we're working on another Rusa episode.

The reason we will always film more hunts down south is simply because of the scenery. The reason we have such a wide audience including a lot of wives and non-hunters, and have made it on to TV One, is because of the big trips with wonderful scenery, so unfortunately, that will always be a feature of our Show. And its is very hard to make a N.I. bush episode hold a wider audience. The scenery is very limited in the bush, and its quite hard to get good animal footage.
We love our N.I. bush hunting, especially the Sika roar (wait till you see next season's action packed Sika roar episode!), so can assure you we're far from out of our comfort zone up here!† Wink

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Reply #103 - May 16th, 2019 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Greg,

Looking forward to see the fallow, rusa and sambar episodes !
Which series was the the rusa episode in?

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #104 - May 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Well overdue for a Stewart Island whitetail trip. Scenery different, not large scale but lots of variety with the beaches and the Bush and the fishing. The trip there and back is half the fun too

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards