Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hunting in Ireland (Read 1762 times)
Jonas
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Hunting in Ireland
Feb 4th, 2019 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
If anybody is ever visiting Ireland and is keen on some hunting just drop me a message and Iíll sort you out. A lot of good sika hunting on my doorstep and good birds and coarse fishing.

IP Logged

ChrisHB
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Hunting in Ireland
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Welcome, a generous offer there.

Have a mate near Cork who shoots -lots- of sika. I was surprised just how many are round there.

As for fishing, most Kiwis are spoilt for choice though as they say, variety is the spice of life.

IP Logged

Jonas
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Chris 👋🏼

Yeah cork is good but where I am Wicklow is the home of deer see probably 10-20 anytime I go out and depending what Iím shooting for can get from 1-5 a day unfortunately deer management isnít great in Ireland a lot of people trophy shooting (trying) but shooting a lot of 4-6 and small 8 pointers.

Yeah but you get a pint of Guinness after fishing out there so yous are already at a loss 😉 have good salmon fishing underneath my house constantly see 20 along my stretch with polaroids and last summer when river was low walked it and saw 40+. Our brown trout is pitiful compared to yours 1lbs is rare. I also do a lot of fishing for pike and perch which is good fun. You get any pike over there?

IP Logged

ChrisHB
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 7:13am
Print Post  
No pike but they look interesting. Impressive dentition.

Speaking of brown trout, ..

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/world-record-brown-trout-caught-in-t...

IP Logged

Jonas
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Thatís a big old trout there Chris I couldnít imagine hooking into that do they get sluggish thought the bigger they got or have they the same fight as smaller 1/2-1 pounders?

Yeah pike are actually quite similar in to barracuda in the teeth department but the comparison ends there cuda are a great fighting fish but pike are very heavy on the line and make a few runs and itís game over big can be enjoying trying to catch very particular sometimes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards