Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic pig dog for sale (Read 12290 times)
jaza
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

pig dog for sale
Jan 20th, 2019 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
3-4 year old heading dog cross bitch. not a top pig dog but good around dog that catches pigs 100% shitproof, won't go in on a goat if other dogs chase one. straight bailing on her own. Close to med range, generally 500-800m but has gone further. caught shitload of pigs and some good ones on her own up to 140lb. hunted for 18months as only dog but will work well in a team also either as main dog or second dog (has only been second dog in my team as I have to better finders)

bad points is she will trail bark if pig breaks on her and she can see it. was worse with previous owner but she was unfit. I've only heard her trail bark once. and when she returns from finding she will come in back to heel. I've been working on this when in bush and she is getting better at staying out in front and looking.

came from Whanganui and lived on farm going to work every day with working dogs. so will sit in behind all day while you work.

would suit either being an only pig dog/hunting pigs and deer and just send her when you hit sign or slot into any pack. I think she would indicate deer given encouragement but would never chase or catch wounded. my other older main dog does just this. will work cattle given a bit of encouragement but never when hunting

pm me if you are interested and what your situation is, easy dog to have around and basically a pet at home so won't go to just anyone. I'm moving her on due to 2 other main dogs and pups on the ground.

wanting 1000 and can arrange a trial if you know pig dogs

IP Logged

3006bar
Just Joined

Re: pig dog for sale
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
PM'd you mate

IP Logged

jaza
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Just got her back after loaning her out to a mate. She caught 6 or 8 pigs hunting behind a mates main dog and backed his up on few more. Got her back due to her splitting up from his main dog and going hunting separately so she’s back up for sale

IP Logged

DM
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Is this dog still available as I'm very interested.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards