Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Stoney Creek Fast Hunt gear - any good? (Read 669 times)
mitch23

Stoney Creek Fast Hunt gear - any good?
Jan 5th, 2019 at 1:03am
Print Post  
I'm thinking about adding some lightweight tops and pants to start a lightweight summer hunting kit. I've had a quick look at the Stoney Creek Fast Hunt gear.....looks nice and light. I just get twitchy as (probably mistakenly) I associate light with fragile/ not durable.

Anyone out there used the Fast Hunt gear......any thoughts??

Cheers,

Mitch

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

IP Logged

shane 300RUM
Donor Member

Re: Stoney Creek Fast Hunt gear - any good?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Got a top and pants today , haven't test them out yet but they look durable and would last the distance i would think

IP Logged

J D

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals..

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Yup i brought one a month or so back  for the summer, and have used it a couple of times on hot days , works great and is hard wearing and light ,  il be looking to get the pants next

IP Logged

DGA7

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I got the pants for a 5 day Thar hunt, fine wearing on long tramps in etc, dried out well after river crossings, didnt notice that they were longs when climbing etc, however got a couple of holes in them from normal hunting use, definitely wouldnt be sliding on my arse in them, will continue to use them till they dont work.

The stoney creek air mesh pants I bought years ago are still holding up really well after heaps of use, have a look and see if they still make them.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:24am
Print Post  
I had the stoney creek micro tough pants for over a decade and they were great.  Trouble is I stopped eating carbs so no longer fit them.  Brought the Huntech pants (which were much cheaper) and they crapped out within six months.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

levactn

Be prepared-in & out of
season

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:08am
Print Post  
These type of questions really #*&!! me off!! cause not too long ago, (10 yrs) I thought I'd bought the latest & greatest gear, able to withstand the most ferocious elements, keeping me dry & warm!!! think i'll go back to the black wolly singlet that gets fly blown - just to protest!!!  Cheesy

sometimes i sits & thinks, & sometimes i just sits. never miss a good chance to shut-up
when your dead you don't know your dead. All the pain is felt by others. Same thing happens when your stupid!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards