Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bushnell forge (Read 2288 times)
300wsm for life
Donor Member

I Live for the Nelson
Lakes

Bushnell forge
Dec 14th, 2018 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Any one had experience with these? Was hoping to have enough cash to get the new V4 zeiss but I may be a bit short. Had a look through one at the shop, they are not to bad. I would go with Leupold vx5 however the reticle selection is crap.

IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Re: Bushnell forge
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Greg Duley did a review in his magazine. He liked it for the money.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

300wsm for life
Donor Member

I Live for the Nelson
Lakes

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Yea read that. Wasn't sure how much of a problem it would be that it he said it wasn't true MOA. Have decided on a different one and my wife may yet release the extra to get the V4 I want. She's a good women!!

IP Logged

Kalahari-hunter

Walking my rifle

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 12:05am
Print Post  
How much you looking to spend? I got a Higher end Zeiss im looking to sell. About $3200 would be good, 1K off shelf price

NZDA Rotorua Member

IP Logged

300wsm for life
Donor Member

I Live for the Nelson
Lakes

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Cheers. Ended up buying the zeiss V4 4-16x44 ZMOA. My lovely wife let me spend a bit extra.

IP Logged

concolor
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2019 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Congratulations to your wonderful wife (and the nice scope). My wife would support hunting not even out of the grave Angry

I am not yet experienced with rifle scopes but I´ve been reading a lot. A friend of mine hunts with the Zeiss conquest V4 3-12x56 to his full satisfaction. Hard competitors of the V4 are here Kahles Helia and Schmidt&Bender Zenith, some like also Steiner Ranger in this league. Here in Germany it is essential to see the wild pigs at moonlight at night because they are only active by night. If not disturbed they would be day active, but since in Germany doesn´t exist any backcountry the wild animals are disturbed anywhere.

Waidmannsheil with that great scope

concolor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards