Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Leica 2000-b range finder (Read 1747 times)
Good keen bloke

I love my Tikka T3

Leica 2000-b range finder
Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
I'm looking to purchase the leica 2000 b range finder but want to check on whether it has setting to compensate for horizontal angles or if the EHR just means it shows the line of sight distance & the angle degrees?
I originally owned the leica 1200 but as I started stretching out longer range I found I needed a range finder with automatic angle compensator as well as bit more distance, so I bought the Sig kilo 2000.
Now the kilo 2000 is great in having that (AMR) angle compensation feature but it's a lot harder to pin point the target at longer ranges meaning u need to stabilize the unit more so otherwise picking up a reading proves difficult. The leica seemed to b much quicker getting 1st time readings at distance with much less fluffing around.
I like the Sigs AMR (angle compensating) feature but prefer the benefits of the leica quality.
If someone out there has good experience with the leica 2000b & can answer my question I will be most grateful & more than likely to go ahead & purchase 1.
I'm not interested in the 2000b's ballistics feature as I use strelok & print out on rifle stock, just want quick reliable automatic angle compensation.
Cheers
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2018 at 8:51pm by Good keen bloke »  

7mil is the ultimate pill
AIM  
IP Logged

tinass

Out there having a go
!

Re: Leica 2000-b range finder
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Bought one a while ago and the EHR gives the compensated "horizontal" range (ie not line of sight). Good to use with a program as you can set to give click values or Metric/imp holdover values.

IP Logged

Good keen bloke

I love my Tikka T3

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
tinass wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
Bought one a while ago and the EHR gives the compensated "horizontal" range (ie not line of sight). Good to use with a program as you can set to give click values or Metric/imp holdover values.

Great thanks.
What range does the horizontal compensator work to on animals etc? My sig when held stable reads angle compensated distance to approx 600y in average conditions & further on a good day but struggles a bit anytime over 1000y.

AIM  
IP Logged

tinass

Out there having a go
!

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Mine's actually the 2700B sorry, just checked that. I'd have to confirm through the manual but I think 800m. Have ranged 1.7km or so on a sunny day at a barn and surrounding trees.

IP Logged

Good keen bloke

I love my Tikka T3

Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2019 at 12:35am
Print Post  
I ended up getting the 2700-b. Man what a great piece of equipment!
I'm using the sd card feature with the custom ballistics of my rifle for dialing clicks all the way out to 850y if need be
Love it  Cheesy

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards