Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Game Bird Changes (Read 11589 times)
Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Game Bird Changes
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 10:15am
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 6:50am:
MassiveAttack wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 6:24am:
gonehuntin wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:32am:
Hell yes id support anoying parry and stinking swan erradication !!! Almost worse then geese.     farmers down here are paying good money to rid them of geese and smash nests/eggs , Dont see many swans here they mainly in estuary and oxidation ponds but if rules got changed id be more then happy to cull them all.  ducks are becoming a menace again for grain farmers our neighbours had to get a special permit from f&g a year or 2 ago so they could shoot and control numbers all year round.

F**k em all cull every last one theyre no more use to us then a stinking dairy cow and offer no benefit to our country except for a few drunk duckshooters have something to boost their egos

That's a very eloquent and persuasive argument.  I assume after all the birds and dairy cows are culled (you seem to hate them all equally) you will move onto hating something else?

Why is it the more feral people can't spell.  I can't either but at least I have an in browser spell checker.

As Shanks said, be nice to your fellow humans (and creatures).

how do you know im feral? Making comments with spelling mistakes and a view that you consider feral dosent mean theyre feral.  I always thought fist pumps were for homos but ive seen many of your reports that include them yet I dont refer to you as a homo. 

and to your last line mate I tried being nice for 28years and got me nowhere and shat on and walked over, being a ruthless c**t for 5 years has got me much more in life then being nice ever did  Smiley Well actually I dont ever intend to be a c**t im just blunt as hell and dont sugar coat anything and that kinda translates in a crappy way so sorry to upset your precious feelings.  now I never said to kill every cow and bird but do think a fair chunk of both could do with a cull. and I dont understand how a gamebird hunter such as yourself and skankspony claim to be nice to creatures when you ambush and slaughter them??? bit of a contradiction isnt it?

Im not convinced you are aware of what you write. Or indeed how self aware you are in any circumstance. Ive highlighted the obvious contradiction that stands out between what you wrote last night and tonight just for fun.
If I feel like it tomorrow Ill try explain why your reply to me is also wrong and lacks understanding. But don't hold your breath.
As I said, this is the trouble with forums. Where they could be useful and valuable vehicles to express ideas and share information, they instead get used by socially inept and empathetically stunted to cause negativity just because they can.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
how do you know im feral? Making comments with spelling mistakes and a view that you consider feral dosent mean theyre feral.  I always thought fist pumps were for homos but ive seen many of your reports that include them yet I dont refer to you as a homo. 

and to your last line mate I tried being nice for 28years and got me nowhere and shat on and walked over, being a ruthless c**t for 5 years has got me much more in life then being nice ever did  Smiley Well actually I dont ever intend to be a c**t im just blunt as hell and dont sugar coat anything and that kinda translates in a crappy way so sorry to upset your precious feelings.  now I never said to kill every cow and bird but do think a fair chunk of both could do with a cull. and I dont understand how a gamebird hunter such as yourself and skankspony claim to be nice to creatures when you ambush and slaughter them??? bit of a contradiction isnt it?

I know you are feral from the content of your posts.  "Theyre" is actually spelt "they are" or "they're" if you want to use the contraction.  Sentances also start with a capital letter.

You are allowed to think I am a "homo" because after all I do have a sharp fashion sense.

Personally I blame your mother for not teaching you to spell and breastfeeding you for long enough  Tongue

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #17 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 6:28am:
whats the point in a forum if everyone had the exact same view, opinion and same stuff to say it would be pretty boring.  just because your view differs to mine it dosent mean opposing views are not valid, there is no right or wrong ith many topics on this forum.   take 1080 for example now if the entire media were to take your view above and heavily censor content to only pro views id bet all the antis on here would just about riot if their views werent heard!!!

You should adhere to your own rules/belief about your own opinions you stand by like farming/environment etc as a majority would think different to you and I dont think youd appreciate being shut down because of it.

Now in relation to my comments above please list the benefits to nz of geese swans and parries that arent hunting/shooting related. they are a contributing cause to waterway pollution and loss of farming income.

Huntnfish Have Emailed you the opinion this morning.

GH, Its not about different opinions, its how those opinions are expressed  and the respect or lack of respect of the person posting their opinion for those who will receive it. You are not being blunt, a straight talker, or anything close. You are just being insulting and respect less. If I allow you any reasonable level of awareness of the effect you should know your words will have on those reading it, then I can only presume you enjoy knowing you will have a negative reaction/effect on people.

Now as to your opinion itself.  You have gone on a gamebird hunting page where people value game birds and activities around them with the comment to F....K them, kill them all, no benefit and that these people are drunk and the only reason they shoot them is as an ego boost.
How do I reply to that in seriousness? Second question is , is it worth my time to put together a rational thought out response about the values of gamebirds recreationally and intrinsically? That the rational approach to the conflict between game birds and farmers is a realisation that both effect each other and that overriding economic return is the health of the environment and the animals that inhabit it that are valued by NZ'ers?
How about the fact that in close to 40 years of waterfowl hunting I have never seen a drunk hunter yet. I know some do but to classify all as such is just an insult for no purpose.. Kind of like saying every car driver is drunk just because some are caught each year.
As an ego boost? If that is your understanding of why people hunt then you really have some issues and maybe you are better suited to a vegan forum where similar misconceptions are welcomed? If you hunt, and thats why you head out hunting then I feel sorry for you. I don't know that I can explain to you the values and enjoyments surrounding hunting that get people out there doing it. Given your history of posts, i'm not sure its worth the effort either. Maybe you can show Me that you do understand and that your post was an error you regret?
In the end post such as yours that have no value just end up pushing more people away from such places as they would out there in the real world where people would remove themselves from the company of individuals who show such traits.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #18 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
This thread now in no way addresses the initial three posts following Sako's initial post.
It has been deliberately disrupted by GH  and I can only assume this is deliberate. Very unfortunate.

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Skinny 35
Forum Font

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 2:58am
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 7:01pm:

I know you are feral from the content of your posts.  "Theyre" is actually spelt "they are" or "they're" if you want to use the contraction.  Sentances also start with a capital letter.

You are allowed to think I am a "homo" because after all I do have a sharp fashion sense.

Personally I blame your mother for not teaching you to spell and breastfeeding you for long enough  Tongue

It's probably a bit rich calling him feral when you called "geese" "gooses"? Unless you were trying to be funny, if so go ahead and continue to humour us all.

Don't forget where you came from!
Life....It's not a dress rehearsal!

IP Logged

Mellors
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 6:11am
Print Post  
I've come out of hiding MassiveAttack to say hi.... but first, can we please refer to your gooses and geese?   Cheesy Cheesy

What's happening?

IP Logged

HUNTEE

Reply #21 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 8:26am
Print Post  
you guys must not txd at all words are shortend letters changed what happened to free speech  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #22 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
It cant come as a surprise if posting something as contentious as your posts are on a forum devoted to hunting birds that people get a little upset.. Contributors are here mostly here for friendly discussion but not an obvious troll.

I have no idea what you do in the Farming Community GH but Im pretty sure you'd not appreciate it if I stood over you and reminded you of every little thing that makes your work or pastimes not acceptable in one way or another.

Contributors dont need it either. Its a forum killer. Try using a bit of tact when working you posts.. Youll reach a lot more people at a discussions level and the Forum will be a better place for it.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Font

Reply #23 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
To get this thread back on track:--
I have now read the legal opinion by G. Palmer QC that was commissioned by NZFG CEO.
The legal question was whether Malkard duck and pheasants could be classed as something other than Game. I.E. Whether they could be classed as domestic. The answer is No; and therefore there is not a long term legal right for anyone to charge for the right to hunt them.
The game farms have been operating under a temporary arrangement which it seems is unlikely to be continued in its present form. The issue seems clear to me in the way G. Palmet QC has presented his opinion. Simply , a return to the pre existing laws is legally required.
Personally, I see no harm in this for genuine hunters.
Whether or not Sage and other extremists attempt to usurp our hunting heritage is an indirect concern. As with much other of the anti hunting sentiment  our main concern should be our right to FAIR AND HONEST Due Process and Democracy.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

fashion since 2011

Reply #24 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Can confirm.  I just say gooses instead of geese cos it's funny to sound like an uneducated redneck.  Of course it's only funny if you are not actually an uneducated redneck...

Thanks for huntnfish for explaining the actual issue which is actually interesting.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Reply #25 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Is next year the start of lead free sub gauges? For fish and game and Doc land?

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Font

Reply #26 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 6:22am
Print Post  
What you should really be concerned  about is DoC and their anti hunting mates undermining the establishment of NZ Fish and Game and the present legitimate protection and  management of introduced game fish and birds.
The potential removal of so-called "game bird hunting preserves" is ethical in one sense but a potential weakening of the game bird hunting sports in another sense. There is reason to be suspicious of DoC, especially in the light of what happened with the Canada Geese, and the continued poisoning of chukor ,quail and pheasants with 1080 and pindone, the diseases such as botulism killing ducks and the effects on wildfowl through chemicals applied to kill insects, grass grub and crickets, and various other agricultural and industrial pollutants, destruction of hundreds of hectares of wetlands by hydro schemes and which some regional councils and DoC turn a blind eye to. For example, the upper WAIKATO RIVER wetlands.
The absence of wetland insect and larval biota now, caused by wildly fluctuation river levels (for profit) has resulted in the regional virtual extinction of grey warblers, cuckoos, bitterns, grey ducks, marsh crakes and rails and many ducks, pukeko and fern birds.  Scheduled public reviews have continually been avoided, delayed and postponed and cancelled bt Waikato Regional Council. DoC, in it's usual hypocritical style, does NOTHING. (OH, other than throw more poison around of course, in cahoots with their mates OSPRI).

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

fashion since 2011

Reply #27 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
It's been lead free on DOC land for some time.  It's a condition written on the DOC hunting permit.

DOC and F&G both fall under the Minister of Conservation.  Like or not they both follow the minister's instructions.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Font

Reply #28 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 3:11am
Print Post  
The lead bsn is bs;  however " that " debate is the least of our worries as wildfowlers.

IP Logged

DukShooter
Forum Font

Reply #29 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Hi Guys, The reason that FGNZ got a legal opinion regarding preserves is that approaches have been made to be able to rear and release Mallard Ducks on Preserves and offer them up as they do with Pheasants and Red Legged Partridge. As you know the opinion came back that it is illegal as you can not be charged for shooting Game Birds in any way shape or form. The minute a bird is released from the holding pens they become wild and therefore Belong to the Crown until such time they are shot by a licensed hunter, then the bird becomes their property. I understand that Preserves will have a Three Year period to wind down their operations from the 01/04/19

The kill is not the bottom line reason for the hunt, but it cannot be removed from the equation
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards