Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Game Bird Changes (Read 545 times)
sako
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Game Bird Changes
Dec 7th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
I wonder if the CEO of F&G can distinguish where his allegiance lies with licence holders or simply cannot buck the calling of the Minister of Conservation.My question is if National regains power and we once again have a political party who listens to licence holders will he still hold this sterile view he is pushing. Changes are being made to a class of game and nature of hunting which will disappear from the hunting landscape and presumably be given the undesirable classification i.e. as a forerunner to the same category as trout being mooted by Ms Sage.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Re: Game Bird Changes
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 6:10am
Print Post  
What changes?

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Franchi

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Game preserves. A legal opinion given by Geoffrey Palmer QC, has ruled they're in contravention of the Wildlife Act. They may have to go.

White man walk much see little, Indian walk little see much

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
I think you are a bit off the mark here.  Like it or not F&G fall under the minister of conservation in exactly the same was as DOC do.  When national was in power we lost Gooses off the gamebird license and got the government funded goose Armageddon where government money was given to Federated Farmers to kill as many of the poor gooses as possible.  I am not saying the current government is our friend, just that it would be naive to think the previous or next one is any different.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Franchi; who commissioned and paid G. Palmer to give an opinion on this ? Seems a bit smelly to me since the game preserves were set up under legislation. Is it another piece of anti hunting by Sage or Green Party or DoC?? or what ?

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:34pm:
I think you are a bit off the mark here.  Like it or not F&G fall under the minister of conservation in exactly the same was as DOC do.  When national was in power we lost Gooses off the gamebird license and got the government funded goose Armageddon where government money was given to Federated Farmers to kill as many of the poor gooses as possible.  I am not saying the current government is our friend, just that it would be naive to think the previous or next one is any different.

but you can shoot geese anytime anywhere with any firearm now cant you?  or because you can hunt them without licence theyve lost their appeal?  Theyre a huge nuisance and their erradication would be in nz best interests...

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

fashion since 2011

Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 2:02pm:
MassiveAttack wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:34pm:

but you can shoot geese anytime anywhere with any firearm now cant you?  or because you can hunt them without licence theyve lost their appeal?  Theyre a huge nuisance and their erradication would be in nz best interests...

I am not that motivated to engage in pointless arguments but yes I shot some this morning.  Shooting them with rifles isn't what I call sporting so I don't do that and it's not an effective method of control anyway.  There are now less gooses than there was before goose armageddon and I am happy to accept restrictions on hunting for the benefit of our gamebird populations.  I am here to help those hard working farmers with goose problems.

Would you support the eradication of parries and black swans as well?  Both of those species eat grass and piss off farmers...

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hell yes id support anoying parry and stinking swan erradication !!! Almost worse then geese.     farmers down here are paying good money to rid them of geese and smash nests/eggs , Dont see many swans here they mainly in estuary and oxidation ponds but if rules got changed id be more then happy to cull them all.  ducks are becoming a menace again for grain farmers our neighbours had to get a special permit from f&g a year or 2 ago so they could shoot and control numbers all year round.

F**k em all cull every last one theyre no more use to us then a stinking dairy cow and offer no benefit to our country except for a few drunk duckshooters have something to boost their egos

IP Logged

Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #8 - yesterday at 5:52am
Print Post  
This is the problem with forums. People who in real life social groups who display such anti social, negative  and aggressively intolerant views against the beliefs of the group they are in. Who also know they are doing so and that they will anger and upset members causing conflict. Would be ostracised or face some real consequence for their actions.
For those interested, this forum

http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php

Has a zero tolerance policy for the kind of behaviour exhibited above and a single posting like that would see the member removed forthwith no questions, no answers. And you will not find a single piece of bad behaviour any where on the site.

I have the legal opinion from Sir Geoffrey here, will try to find a way to post it up. Its a bit more far reaching than many realise.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #9 - yesterday at 6:54am
Print Post  
The lunk came up 404 error.
However, I would like to see  Palmer comnents to find out what is going on.

IP Logged

Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #10 - yesterday at 7:34am
Print Post  
Hopefully working now.

Probably easiest to email it.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #11 - yesterday at 11:48am
Print Post  
Ok. looks a nice site for the purposes intended.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

fashion since 2011

Reply #12 - yesterday at 5:24pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
Hell yes id support anoying parry and stinking swan erradication !!! Almost worse then geese.     farmers down here are paying good money to rid them of geese and smash nests/eggs , Dont see many swans here they mainly in estuary and oxidation ponds but if rules got changed id be more then happy to cull them all.  ducks are becoming a menace again for grain farmers our neighbours had to get a special permit from f&g a year or 2 ago so they could shoot and control numbers all year round.

F**k em all cull every last one theyre no more use to us then a stinking dairy cow and offer no benefit to our country except for a few drunk duckshooters have something to boost their egos

That's a very eloquent and persuasive argument.  I assume after all the birds and dairy cows are culled (you seem to hate them all equally) you will move onto hating something else?

Why is it the more feral people can't spell.  I can't either but at least I have an in browser spell checker.

As Shanks said, be nice to your fellow humans (and creatures).

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #13 - yesterday at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Shankspony wrote yesterday at 5:52am:
This is the problem with forums. People who in real life social groups who display such anti social, negative  and aggressively intolerant views against the beliefs of the group they are in. Who also know they are doing so and that they will anger and upset members causing conflict. Would be ostracised or face some real consequence for their actions.
For those interested, this forum

http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php

Has a zero tolerance policy for the kind of behaviour exhibited above and a single posting like that would see the member removed forthwith no questions, no answers. And you will not find a single piece of bad behaviour any where on the site.

I have the legal opinion from Sir Geoffrey here, will try to find a way to post it up. Its a bit more far reaching than many realise.

whats the point in a forum if everyone had the exact same view, opinion and same stuff to say it would be pretty boring.  just because your view differs to mine it dosent mean opposing views are not valid, there is no right or wrong ith many topics on this forum.   take 1080 for example now if the entire media were to take your view above and heavily censor content to only pro views id bet all the antis on here would just about riot if their views werent heard!!!

You should adhere to your own rules/belief about your own opinions you stand by like farming/environment etc as a majority would think different to you and I dont think youd appreciate being shut down because of it.

Now in relation to my comments above please list the benefits to nz of geese swans and parries that arent hunting/shooting related. they are a contributing cause to waterway pollution and loss of farming income.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #14 - yesterday at 5:50pm
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote yesterday at 5:24pm:
gonehuntin wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm:

That's a very eloquent and persuasive argument.  I assume after all the birds and dairy cows are culled (you seem to hate them all equally) you will move onto hating something else?

Why is it the more feral people can't spell.  I can't either but at least I have an in browser spell checker.

As Shanks said, be nice to your fellow humans (and creatures).

how do you know im feral? Making comments with spelling mistakes and a view that you consider feral dosent mean theyre feral.  I always thought fist pumps were for homos but ive seen many of your reports that include them yet I dont refer to you as a homo. 

and to your last line mate I tried being nice for 28years and got me nowhere and shat on and walked over, being a ruthless c**t for 5 years has got me much more in life then being nice ever did  Smiley Well actually I dont ever intend to be a c**t im just blunt as hell and dont sugar coat anything and that kinda translates in a crappy way so sorry to upset your precious feelings.  now I never said to kill every cow and bird but do think a fair chunk of both could do with a cull. and I dont understand how a gamebird hunter such as yourself and skankspony claim to be nice to creatures when you ambush and slaughter them??? bit of a contradiction isnt it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards