Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Mega Mast is on the Way (Read 399 times)
Backcountry Bob
Donor Member

A Mega Mast is on the Way
Dec 7th, 2018 at 8:08am
Print Post  
I hesitate to post this because it will probably just result in a repeat of many conversations that have already taken place on this forum but this article suggests that there's quite a bit of green death planned for the next couple of years.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/12/06/351694/305m-hit-planned-for-mega-mast

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: A Mega Mast is on the Way
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 9:14am
Print Post  
yes. Seems we have a mast year every year and now.... an extra 35 mil has been allocated... when will this madness ever stop. Has it not occurred to them that its not working. They have to do it every year.. something is wrong... anyway I don't want to open up a debate about he rights and wrongs of 1080 ... but DOC will feel the wrath of more protesters and wonder why... at the moment the ban1080 movement is growing by 300 a day... and now has 207 thousand members.

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Good grief.Virtually not a mention of evil possums !
A lot of interesting statistics in that article, including supposedly factual figures on actual endangered bird numbers by species ; and they are quite small populations ifthe figures are to be believed. Government and twig n tweet sokution is to dump even more masses of blanket non selective poison over as much of the envirobment and waterways as possible ( as per usual ) .
Teal were a really threatened waterfowl. Masses of poison was not the solutuon. Enhanced nesting habitat was; in tge form of oredator proof nesting boxes.
How much protected nesting facilities coukd be created for $30 million per year ?
I think DoC, Govt, and the twig n tweeters are on a hellbent path of destruction that is blindingly narrow minded and futile. They need to abandon the 1080 mantra and start thinking outside its use ffs !

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
"The Tararuas, for example, they've kind of gone ape-s...."

wonder whats gone Ape-S...? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards