Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Letter in forest and Bird Newsletter (Read 1686 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Letter in forest and Bird Newsletter
Dec 4th, 2018 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
If anyone is in any doubt that Eugene Sage and her friends at F&B are not engaged in a war to get rid of all animals in or on the doc estate then read this letter from their magazine...

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

Radar
Forum Font

Armed Tramper 😈

Re: Letter in forest and Bird Newsletter
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Wow - sounds like we need to send a letter of absolute outrage to the magazine. A wee bit about the real facts such as Hunting tourism, the whole outdoors industry and how much it adds to our economy - don’t start me on 1080 and what clearly would happen if this persons ‘idea of utopia’ would result in - clearly deluded.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Those extremists came up with the same mantra at the time of the attempt to introduce the Fart tax. A better solution to their imagined problem would be to get rid of them and their cohorts from New Zealand, stop immigration, and make the pill compulsory in Auckland and Wellington. Also ban onions, baked beans, latte's, and poncy wines, close fast food outlets and all restaurants that serve anything other than weetbix and water crackers.

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Clearly reads Eliminate ALL herbivores from every bit of public land. They clearly have no understanding of New Zealands outdoor lifestyle enjoyed by so many. Bunch of narrow minded idealists. ( That's my PC way of describing them by the way )

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
If carbon sequestration was their principle objective they would be best advised to replace the natural vegetation across  parts of the conservation estate with faster growing introduced species.....can't imagine they'd be keen on that?

IP Logged

muzza
Donor Member

Older and grumpier

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
I would have thought that pasture species would be just as good as capturing carbon from the atmoshpere , grow at a vastly faster rate than any tree, and can be harvested over and over and over by animals - like cows , sheep , deer etc.

Whilst I belong to Forest and Bird I do not support their unrealistic ideals, and will fight them at every opportunity.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

IP Logged

Cuzza
Donor Member

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Can a red deer really eat 30-40kg of feed per day? Or is this bloke just making things up to suit his story?

IP Logged

sidney
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
These idiots don't understand that carbon sequestration also occurs from the browsing of vegetative biomass and the increase of organic material in the buildup of soil which is a direct result of the activity of animals.

The decomposition process is enhanced through animals and the end result is the increased soil quantity/quality supports a greater biomass, than would otherwise occur.  Not only that but increased carbon sequestration occurs in that increased soil.

Animals are integral to the mass sequestration of more carbon than would otherwise happen in their absence.

The problem with the level of the current environmental debate is that it is driven by a lack of overall perspective.  Each scientist is limited in their own specific area of competence, incentivised by a media and political environment that is at best criminally negligent and incompetent, and a public that is simply totally incapable of filtering bullshit.

And then we just get complete wallopers like this clown..

Kinda ironic, if the public were more capable of filtering bullshit, they might be less worried about filtering bullshit.   Grin

"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"  Nietzsche

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
But not a mention of introduced invasive plant species? In a lot of areas I see this as a far greater problem.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Eugene is an extremist who cannot see life. Once she is out of power she will see people including hunters are not drongos but hard working tax paying voters who dont forget.FFS Eugene get a life.

IP Logged

Dangershaw

Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
The editorial from Mark Hangar, Forest and Bird President, is very worrying as well, the last paragraph reads -

"As an organisation, we must remain resolute in the face of an increasingly vocal but very small minority of New Zealanders who wish to see our public conservation estate become "hunters' playgrounds".

I think he may be underestimating the number of NZers that proudly identify as hunters.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Reduce the number of touridts and the resultant effects on fuel envirnonment and sewerage. Emissions dont just come from wild animals.

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Backcountry Bob
Donor Member

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
I've been reading Chris's letters for many years. Nothing new here. Remember that it's just one person's opinion.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Sheep and cows are herbivores too.

Eco Nazis.

Farmers should be worried too.  Roll Eyes

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #14 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Backcountry Bob wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
I've been reading Chris's letters for many years. Nothing new here. Remember that it's just one person's opinion.

yep more of the same from Chris.
No different to lot of stuff put out by F&B

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards