Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ellesmere/Selwyn (Read 163 times)
Artimus
Just Joined

Aim small, miss small

Ellesmere/Selwyn
Dec 3rd, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Hey guys,
I have just returned to NZ after a couple of years abroad and a bit out of the loop. I'm trying to get some plans sorted now so I'm not scrambling in a few months. I'm looking for information on where I can shoot this year. I'd like to have a crack at Ellesmere again but not sure on where or which areas are available. I shot over on lakeside a long time ago without much luck. Are there balloted stands? I will probably wont be there on opening morning as I will be up north on a family farm. I understand the rules and regs on vacant stands etc but don't want to tred on any toes (I know some of the stands around the lake are hallowed ground!)
Is there anyone that would be into "Stand Sharing" weekend on/weekend off.. or something like that. I have a young dog I'd like to get working as well, (depending on water state/alge).
Apart from that, I'm living out by Hororata, whats the shooting like out here?

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Re: Ellesmere/Selwyn
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Gidday, as official member of the EGSSC (Ellesmere Goose Shooters Social Club) I am happy to help.  It's not complicated, you can basically use any stand you like after opening morning.  Big water hunting isn't easy but there is plenty there to be had.  PM me your cell phone number and I will give you a text.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards