Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chasing fallow with subsonics in the 308 (Read 1348 times)
Clubbie
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Chasing fallow with subsonics in the 308
Dec 3rd, 2018 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Hey team, as promised – I got out and tested the new subsonic ammo on deer.
How’d it go? Take a look at our latest adventure  https://youtu.be/C8kbTFXL6nc

YouTube  
IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: Chasing fallow with subsonics in the 308
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 6:54am
Print Post  
great stuff....but did I see the best bits left behind??? the eye fillets Shocked Shocked Shocked what was internal damage like with the 200grn cast jobbies???? the lehigh might be/is better preformance wise but the price is too steep for me. have you tried some of the 151s hp cast yet....they work very good and expand well too.

IP Logged

Clubbie
Just Joined

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 6:54am:
great stuff....but did I see the best bits left behind??? the eye fillets Shocked Shocked Shocked what was internal damage like with the 200grn cast jobbies???? the lehigh might be/is better preformance wise but the price is too steep for me. have you tried some of the 151s hp cast yet....they work very good and expand well too.

The internal damage was pretty surprising - didn't look like much till I opened her up for the heart - and eye fillets.  Looks like the projectile expands by about 50% at that speed and there was plenty of hemorrhaging.  Definitely important to place the shot well though - but at close range that's reasonably easy if you have time on your side.  Haven't tried the 150's yet, and at 40c ea I'm loving these projectiles vs $3 for the Lehighs.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Grandad
Forum Font

sonofthemist

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Not a great time to be hunting fallow, with fawn drop the first week of December.

The fraternity of shooters is rather like the fraternity of blind men -- each one walks alone.&&: Ian Niall.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 1:39am
Print Post  
ok bud I retract my statement...you arent a Philistine...eye fillets taken and consumed hopefully with a fine merlot or a decent beer Wink

IP Logged

Clubbie
Just Joined

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 1:39am:
ok bud I retract my statement...you arent a Philistine...eye fillets taken and consumed hopefully with a fine merlot or a decent beer Wink

No offense was taken mate!  I'm glad you asked rather than being a keyboard warrior like so many other "hunters" on the web.  Have a good Christmas!

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards