Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Care of a Wild Rooster flock (Read 173 times)
noelfj
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Care of a Wild Rooster flock
Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
There is a flock of wild roosters somewhere, my Daughter along with some friends have undertaken the nurturing and care of this flock.
Last year we sorted out a fishing net to catch these roosters but it has turned out to be a marginal success.
Seeing as how I have made net guns for wild deer capture I have been asked to make up a rooster catching net gun. It will have a range of about 25 feet and a net spread of about 6 feet.
I will use a diaphragm type water sprinkler valve with 1" pipe female thread in and out. The normal valve opening solenoid will be blanked off and a workshop compressed air gun fitted to the spring side of the valve, by operating the trigger on the airgun the balancing air is quickly, discharging the balancing pressure thus allowing the 1" valve to discharge it's supply of compressed air, thus driving 4 padded projectiles dragging the net behind it. The compressed air will be in a 2" by 10" container at 80lbs.

I am posting this as a matter of intrest and seeking help as to where I can source some steel tube about 1/2" id to make up a manifold having 4 barrels and a spread of 30 degrees off centre for each barrel, and someone with a mig welder I can use.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Care of a Wild Rooster flock
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:01am
Print Post  
do you know where they roost?  if not too high get someone to dazzle them with spotlight and other person grab them from behind that might be simpler then building a net gun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards