Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rossi pomba .44 mag metal rod in synthetic buttstock (Read 260 times)
bushlizard

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Rossi pomba .44 mag metal rod in synthetic buttstock
Nov 20th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
I recently picked up one of these rifles
was looking at ways to make it less heavy and found a metal rod in the butt stock that runs from a recess in the back of the metal reciever to a moulded recess in the recoil pad.
My guess is that it is to balance the rifle better or to absorb the recoil on behalf of the stock screw.

if it the former option I donít really need it esp as some inches have come off the other end of the rifle,  if it is the latter I would obviously want to keep it in situ

can anyone here in the know advise of its purpose?

IP Logged

southotago hern

Meat hunter for life

Re: Rossi pomba .44 mag metal rod in synthetic buttstock
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Ive got the same rifle in 223 but it hasen't got that in the wooden butt stock . when I did change the stock to a colaspable synthetic it went from a flathead screw to a bolt which took 2 long extensions on the 3/8 rachet to tighten but no dramas like what your dealing with .

IP Logged

muzza
Donor Member

Older and grumpier

Re: Rossi pomba .44 mag metal rod in synthetic buttstock
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
My Pombas have ATI collapseable stocks on them - makes them fit all sizes of people .

Pombas are not light rifles to begin with though - does yours have a recoil absorber thing in the stock?

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards