Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Response to OFI request for communication on Tahr control (Read 1045 times)
Lou Nunn
Donor Member

Response to OFI request for communication on Tahr control
Nov 20th, 2018 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Worth a read

The documents listed below fall within the scope of your request and can be found at the following link

https://www.doc.govt.nz/globalassets/documents/aboutdoc/oia/2018/tahr-control-oi...

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Re: Response to OFI request for communication on Tahr control
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Page not found.

IP Logged

sars

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

tim37
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
some good reading there, the last few pages seem to show that most groups including DOC were against implementing a rushed response. also that DOC were very aware of the wide variation in possible animal numbers. the only group that seems to show no inclination to compromise of the HTCP is F&B

IP Logged

Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:38am
Print Post  
What stands out for me is how marginalised rec hunter effort and kill results are. That desperately needs recognition and a solution if true results are to be used for accurate national kill counts.
We need to take seriously the effects of lead projectiles on Kea and we should be proactive in pushing for a phase out of such in areas of kea habitat.

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Shankspony wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:38am:
What stands out for me is how marginalised rec hunter effort and kill results are. That desperately needs recognition and a solution if true results are to be used for accurate national kill counts.
We need to take seriously the effects of lead projectiles on Kea and we should be proactive in pushing for a phase out of such in areas of kea habitat.

Spent bullets...lead, have been spewed all over the Alps since adam was a cowboy. Kea also had a bounty on their heads.
Despite the bounty bit,Kea flourished and the many tons of lead increased to what it is tiday.
Take yi pick eh..tons of lead versus ongoing tons of 1080  Huh
We all know what scones Kea the quickest and it aint hunters.

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I am so over you anti 1080 guys and your myopic opinions that continue to harm hunting.
Yep 1080 kills kea and maybe it should be halted in their range while solutions are found.
That however does not diminish the findings that lead projectiles  have been found to be playing a part as well. Or the fact that kea culls, poisoning from any source, predators and time are likely all influences on kea decline.
For once this is not about 1080 and the 1080 brigades constant efforts to bring it into every and any discussion just make us all look like fools.
Just give it a rest.

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Interesting also how heavily the '10 000 max population' is relied upon in that OIA information thread, and the recent public discussion on this matter. My reading of the HTCP suggests that ongoing monitoring over time would see that number amended ( up or down) if necessary......seems now it has become etched in stone?

Also interesting to see the Minister lining LINZ up for a bollocking for not keeping an eye on Tahr on pastoral leases.......given she is also the Minister of Land Information I guess we can expect to see LINZ sit up and take notice, and funding made available for some work in that space?

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Shankspony wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:56am:
I am so over you anti 1080 guys and your myopic opinions that continue to harm hunting.
Yep 1080 kills kea and maybe it should be halted in their range while solutions are found.
That however does not diminish the findings that lead projectiles† have been found to be playing a part as well. Or the fact that kea culls, poisoning from any source, predators and time are likely all influences on kea decline.
For once this is not about 1080 and the 1080 brigades constant efforts to bring it into every and any discussion just make us all look like fools.
Just give it a rest.

That's fine your allowed ti have an opinion. If it bothers you what someone else says then just ignore it.

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

Reply #9 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
sars wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:09pm:

There is one thing I always insist on, when dealing with government departments, and that is I demand to know the individual that is making the decision/s and is sending correspondence.

Without knowing who is doing what and who is deciding stuff there is no trail of accountability.

Many of the people, receiving these copies of correspondence, will know the names that have been deleted, however, if you are not one of the privileged few, it is very difficult to do some further research about the contextual relationships between the people communicating with each other.

This correspondence trail gives some information, however, it denies the opportunity for people to follow up, on leads of inquiry, because the people concerned are not named and, therefore, their personal involvement cannot be evaluated as to any conflict of interest they may, or, may not have.

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Font

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately in relation to OIAs each Govt Dept has strict guidelines on what it can and canít redact (blank out).
In the Police it protects Victims, Police members and various operational matters which are not for public knowledge and protected by law.
Iím guessing that DOC use the same principles that we do from the Act. (Privacy Act).

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Font

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately in relation to OIAs each Govt Dept has strict guidelines on what it can and canít redact (blank out).
In the Police it protects Victims, Police members and various operational matters which are not for public knowledge and protected by law.
Iím guessing that DOC use the same principles that we do from the Act. (Privacy Act).
Actually itís a well done document from my humble opinion and actually spells it all out - the media have a lot to answer for as far as bad reporting of the facts.....

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

Reply #12 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
The redaction of documents stretches far and wide. Not just police/Doc but in fact all govt departments and associated areas in NZ. For example that also includes ACC/WINZ/Corrections/IRD to name just a few. Guess that is in part to the PC Privacy Act?

But if rec hunters used there second vote at elections when it came to something important to them such as the latest tahr culls, AATH and the new guidelines that are nearly finalised for WARO, I think we would be in a better position collectively on the final decision...but no....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards