Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quad bike set up? (Read 576 times)
herby
Donor Member

Quad bike set up?
Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Unfortunately I have totally wrecked my knee, which means Im not going to be running up and down hills any more.
On the bright side Ive got a quad so I can still get out there. Just wondering how people have set their quads up for hunting? Looking for ideas on what to add, modifications to do etc. Pics would be great!
Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction for places that quads can go in the North Island, Id be most grateful!

IP Logged

brian
Donor Member

why tiptoe thru life only
to die safely

Re: Quad bike set up?
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Get an extra muffler welded on to it.

Never argue with an idiot anyone watching may not be able to tell the difference

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Brians talking about damping down the noise which is handy to not alerting game to your presence from a long ways off. While on that aspect of the topic, if you hunting a specific target animal dont be taking pot shots at other small game while driving around.

Something like this on the front is cheap nd nasty but very effective. Fish box on the front hinged, provides storage, and a great rest. Rifle on the right and shotgun on the left. On the back another basket which a fallow deer will fit into easily and carrying other gear.

not hunting, but you get the idea. It possible to weld on a frame and pulley so a deer can can be gutted right there and then back of bike and swung into basket.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2018 at 6:39pm by headcase »  

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

ChrisHB
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Is that lab qualified to drive?

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Qualified  has nothing to do mate, it's obviously his bike  Grin

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:41am
Print Post  
ChrisHB wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
Is that lab qualified to drive?

Grin Grin
She rolled it five times and survived. 4 lives left.. Roll Eyes

The high baskets saved me a couple of times. Woke up in a culvert once with the bike upside down above me and the motor running, hanging on the sides of the dry creek only by the fore and aft constructions..So they are a safety feature.   Was shooting a 20 g shottie one handed and driving down a track with longish grass on either side, one wheel on the track and one wheel in the grass. flipped full over in an instant when drove off the edge of culvert.

Lesson learned its to do one thing at a time when the terrain in front of bike is not fully and clearly visible.. 

Smiley

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2018 at 9:05am by headcase »  

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards