Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anyone tried the Nikko Stirling Diamond FFP SF 4-16x44 ? (Read 171 times)
sparid
Just Joined

Anyone tried the Nikko Stirling Diamond FFP SF 4-16x44 ?
Nov 6th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Hey there, considering purchasing one of these for plinking and and occasional hunting with my 270win. Anybody tried them please? Not many reviews on the web ( especially from NZ). Any thoughts/comments most welcomed. Thanks!

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Font

Armed Tramper 😈

Re: Anyone tried the Nikko Stirling Diamond FFP SF 4-16x44 ?
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Iíve got the MD 3 - 16 x 50 on my .22 and itís grand out to about 100 meters - Iíve worked out the drop from the Mildot setting (highly inaccurate in comparison to the real deal) personally I wouldnít put a Nikko Sterling scope on anything bigger. Theyíre pretty home made - NZ Outdoors or Rod and Rifle did an article on them a couple of years ago. Canít see if theyíve improved the R&D or production to be fair. Cheap and nasty would be a fair description. But now Iíve got it humming on the .22 itís not too bad.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
I'm with Radar. Not sure if I'd put a nikko sterling on a .270, just be wary if the quality would match the recoil.
Is your rifle suppressed?  I got a dpt on my ruger ultralight .270 win and it reduced recoil a bit and the noise a lot.

.270 WIN † AWESOME SINCE 1925† †† † "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

NZVarminter
Donor Member

Reply #3 - yesterday at 6:04pm
Print Post  
vortex diamondback tactical would be a better ption for a low end FFP. Athelon also do them

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards