Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tahr cull Postponed (Read 534 times)
headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Tahr cull Postponed
Nov 3rd, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Its been put on hold for a while till they review the whole process after the very tragic accident. Its to be expected. It will take a while to get all the ducks lined up again...

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: Tahr cull Postponed
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

zxreindeer

Wish I was hunting

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Respect to the families of men lost  Cry

To speak on a more positive note,

What do we (hunters) think of the opening up of the wilderness areas during summer to help "Us" do our bit as part of the updated Tahr cull plan?

I think its a great idea. Rather than shift the goal posts in this instance DOC has actually assisted the hunter to be a vested participant and be able to do the part we have been asked to do.

Are any of you guys keen to put in for a Summer Tahr?
Dont get me wrong I love being there in winter but summer has a certain charm to it Cool

Living the Dream
IP Logged

Lou Nunn
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
zxreindeer wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 8:52pm:
Respect to the families of men lost  Cry

To speak on a more positive note,

What do we (hunters) think of the opening up of the wilderness areas during summer to help "Us" do our bit as part of the updated Tahr cull plan?

I think its a great idea. Rather than shift the goal posts in this instance DOC has actually assisted the hunter to be a vested participant and be able to do the part we have been asked to do.

Are any of you guys keen to put in for a Summer Tahr?
Dont get me wrong I love being there in winter but summer has a certain charm to it Cool
I missed out on a rut block so i’m going to try for a summer block that’s for sure

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards