Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Boat access Fantail Bay Coromandel (Read 156 times)
yamboon

Boat access Fantail Bay Coromandel
Nov 2nd, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me if I will be able to launch/retrieve a 5m stabicraft using a 4WD SUV at the Fantail Bay ramp?

Thx

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Re: Boat access Fantail Bay Coromandel
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Gidday Yamboon, I used to camp often at Fantail bay. Three of used to migrate up that way every year for holidays. The boats we used were 5,65 meter Fyran. 5,5 meter Surtees. and a 5.25 meter Ramco. we all used 4wd for launching and had little problem. Now and then someone would get over enthusiastic pulling a boat out and would dig the wheels in a bit. It only meant getting a bit of a push to get out. Wink

be good...And careful

IP Logged

yamboon

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Thanks jakkos.

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 9:00am
Print Post  
A small heads up. just out from the ramp and slightly south there is a area of foul. Easily picked up on the sounder. A good spot to get the odd fish for dinner. Less than 200m offshore. Also head northward and watch your sounder. there is a good deeper area towards the cape. Dont have gps co ordinates for it but as i remember we often fished 70 feet on the edge of the hole. Good productive fishing when nearing slack water. Crays for the taking up near the point. Good luck. Wink

be good...And careful

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards