Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic High Country opening for Canterbury (Read 300 times)
Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

High Country opening for Canterbury
Oct 29th, 2018 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I initially thought the opening was on the first Sat in Nov. But the regulations this year say the 4th Nov (Sunday)??

IP Logged

Scrapper
Donor Member

Re: High Country opening for Canterbury
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Just read about it in the fish&game magazine,said it was Saturday November 3rd

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that, makes more sense from Sat same as every other year. Must be that saga with the bequeath that has pre occupied them when they printed this years regs?  Smiley

IP Logged

Salmoner
Donor Member

I love salmon fishin

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Huntsouth wrote on Oct 29th, 2018 at 11:15pm:
Thanks for that, makes more sense from Sat same as every other year. Must be that saga with the bequeath that has pre occupied them when they printed this years regs?  Smiley

Going to be interesting that first council meeting and up until the report on the bequeathment comes out. I wonder if the council was found to be at fault the guys responsible fall on their sword or if the guys that called for the $100k audit do if it was all above board. Either way someone isnt going to smell all "rosey"

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:27am
Print Post  
While I support F&G and my view that what they do is well intentioned you have to shake your head sometimes.

The first year I started Gamebird shooting they stuffed up the Pheasant Regs for north canterbury and then quickly had to reprint the regs booklet.  If you had the first copy then you could legally shoot 10 per day in North Canterbury!

Second year they stuffed up the opening of the summer game bird season.  They just opened up last years regs and changed the year leaving the date the same.  Sadly calendars aren't as simple as that so the season started on a tuesday.

Given that this is the core of what they do can't someone check them before they are sent to the printer?

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Nomads
Donor Member

Angler, hunter, gardener,
cook

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:04am
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:27am:
While I support F&G and my view that what they do is well intentioned you have to shake your head sometimes.

The first year I started Gamebird shooting they stuffed up the Pheasant Regs for north canterbury and then quickly had to reprint the regs booklet.  If you had the first copy then you could legally shoot 10 per day in North Canterbury!

Second year they stuffed up the opening of the summer game bird season.  They just opened up last years regs and changed the year leaving the date the same.  Sadly calendars aren't as simple as that so the season started on a tuesday.

Given that this is the core of what they do can't someone check them before they are sent to the printer?

That's a shame and sad to hear.
I cannot say the same about AKLD/WAIK branch esp re Game birds. 
The are super to deal with, really interested, which probably explains it.

Like a cane chair at a nudist camp, always leave an impression.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards