Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Just after a pair of boots without anti-odour chemicals added (Read 210 times)
el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Just after a pair of boots without anti-odour chemicals added
Oct 24th, 2018 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Do they all have them added in these days? I don't like wearing anything that kills bacteria. Hi Tec and Merrell both use anti-odour   with their boots, starting to think it might be very hard to find a pair without these added toxins.

IP Logged

ReelLuckyBouy

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Just after a pair of boots without anti-odour chemicals added
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Are the chemicals throughout the boot or just the inner sole ? If just the inner sole easy solution just find a replacement sole without the anti-odour chemicals.
Otherwise a very light weigh boot might do without those "add extra's".

IP Logged

el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Re: Just after a pair of boots without anti-odour chemicals added
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
I've no idea, mate. I read something about silver being infused into the thread of garments that have anti-odour, not sure how it is applied to boots. I read it washes out after ten washes or so anyway, which isn't a very comforting thought, as the stuff in boots would be washing off into the river and staying in the environment.

Preferred the good old days when people preferred to own their stink and keep things more natural.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards