Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Savage 16 light hunter (Read 582 times)
hunter08

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Savage 16 light hunter
Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Who's got a savage 16 light hunter thinking off geting one but don't won't the problem that the axis has. I will be useing factory ammunition so just seeing if other people have got it & what your thoughts of it are thanks

IP Logged

Pebblesrc

Re: Savage 16 light hunter
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Both myself and my father have the model 16 weather warrior, mine in 243 and dads in 223, both great reliable accurate rifles, both using factory ammo

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I've got a wood blue one in .223
Its a great rifle. No faults that I have found.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

mundi

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Also have the wood/ blued one in .223. Absolutely love it.
The only fault I have found is the blueing wasn't that great in my opinion. After a wet day out, had a section on one of the locking lugs rust up and peeled away some of the blueing.
I keep a pretty close on it now, no further problems. Will get it cerakoted in the near future. Stainless would also solve this.
Otheriwse, guns been great, shoots .5moa on the Hornady Superperformance 55grn. Cool

It was like that when I got here.

IP Logged

Goodog
Just Joined

6 weeks on 6 weeks off

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I have a light weight hunter in .308, I made the mistake of getting it cut down to 16" before I put a round through it. I have been having some issues & if you go into the reloading section under game changers it will give you an idea of some issues I had. In saying that another LWH was done at the same Time as mine & all good.
I have a Weather Wairror .223  & shoots great with factory ammo but it is a heavy rifle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards