Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tahr Ballot (Read 355 times)
woodsman
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Tahr Ballot
Oct 10th, 2018 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Was wondering if anyone knows why Eblis Tops and Lord River have been cut from the ballot. On the application it says its due to the Perth ZIP program. These 2 blocks are well outside the program area. It only leaves 7 of the 13 blocks in the Adams area available.

IP Logged

puddleduk

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Tahr Ballot
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Maybe something to do with the kea with transmitters on them?
The kea last year were seen to be “interacting” with the pre feed baits. I think that may be a fancy word for eating them. Email ZIP, they shouldn’t have a problem replying to you questions.

IP Logged

Rumata
Just Joined

Nothing great is easily
won

Re: Tahr Ballot
Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:35am
Print Post  
I was in the Eblis block this year. The Keas stripped down a carcass of a Tahr to almost clean bones and offal in two days. Definately looked like dead Tahr form an important part of the Keas diet in this area as they flocked in to the gunshot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards