Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Engine sage.! (Read 3667 times)
Apple

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Engine sage.!
Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
I am discusted that a minister should discredit and attack hunters in such a manner as the remark she mate on national television.

There is no need for that sort of thing to happen , and personally think a public apology, and the loss of her job should follow,

As hunters , fishermen ...duck shooters , don’t need to be labeled in that manner.

Who else feels the same...?

We are not        Cunters..!!

IP Logged

Vault

Re: Engine sage.!
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Deleted

that can only be described as a bloody stupid comment to make on a public forum. Threats serious, intimated, or in jest of that magnitude are an absolute no no..

Headcase

IP Logged

Apple

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Vault wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:22pm:
Deleted

that can only be described as a bloody stupid comment to make on a public forum. Threats serious, intimated, or in jest of that magnitude are an absolute no no..

Headcase

Vault
I’m not sure u have that right , Uguine sage said that on national television ..directed at u ..and me ... and all hunters.

I am not attacking her , I’m am not lowering myself to her degree , I am defending all hunters , outdoors people.!

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Do you note bugger all comment in the mainstream media...
im horrified and it just shows us hunters what she really thinks about us... to say it she must have been thinking it...

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Vault

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Get a sense of humour bro. Your wound tighter than a vegan in a pie shop

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Made the news in the UK oooopppps Tongue

IP Logged

Shankspony
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Jeez what an over reaction. Some common sense would tell you she has culling on her mind and mixed cullers and hunters in a slight freudian slip. You could hear the stutter in her voice.
We have just had a good result on a major topic and now going out and throwing fake rage at a nothing comment.
Stupidity.

IP Logged

Apple

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Shankspony wrote on Oct 4th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
Jeez what an over reaction. Some common sense would tell you she has culling on her mind and mixed cullers and hunters in a slight freudian slip. You could hear the stutter in her voice.
We have just had a good result on a major topic and now going out and throwing fake rage at a nothing comment.
Stupidity

Good result , time will tell I’m unsure .
Fake rage...! ...no disscust
Nothing comment .....really.

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Stupidity.

And, sanctimony
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2018 at 6:32am by Oscar »  

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Stupidity.

I don't like her methods or politics, but I couldn't agree with you more Shanks. Don't over-react to an obvious mistake guys...

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:14am
Print Post  
and here I was thinking someone had just messed with the audio for some fake news facebook clickbait  Cheesy

epic fail on national tv.  bet her f&b buddies gave her a party for that.

Im pretty sure it pales in comparisson to the many names and by the looks of deleted comments the threats that have been directed at her over the last few weeks.
I dont know why some are outraged at a slip up while at the same time theyre making threats of physical harm to her and other staff?

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
We mustn’t  let a chance to get her sacked slip through our fingers.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Sacked you must be joking. She is the best Minister for the Environment we have ever had.

She alone has brought everyone together behind a common cause.

Now if we could just get a Herd of Special Interest established under this Govt would be very sweet.  Wink

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

CIB

Reply #14 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Pretty clearly a mixture of cullers and hunters. Blowing this up and carrying on undermines all of the hard work that has been done to find a sensible and rational approach to this issue. Absolutely ridiculous

IP Logged

Lou Nunn
Donor Member

Reply #15 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
I have to agree with Headcase on this one, in one way she has done what no other person has been able to do in the past.
Her sloppy actions have brought deer hunters, pig hunters, duck shooter and general rifle and gun owners together for one cause. With the share nature of our chosen past time and interests we are a pretty independent group that go about our lives in the remote places of NZ fending for ourselves for days and weeks on end, not asking much of each other.
And yet when it came to this issue a few people formed a group and were backed by thousands, not only in signing petitions but actually putting our hands in our own pockets to fight.
Politicians now realise we are a significant group that may vote as one if the cause is close to our hearts.
Hunters from the North and overseas stuck up for the Tahr and I think that now those from the South or anywhere else will stick up for Sika, Rusa , Whitetail or what ever comes under threat next time.
New Zealand may not need an NRA type organisation with some of the poor connotations that go along with it but hunters, shooters and fishermen voting when it counts is a powerful display.

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #16 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
Sacked you must be joking. She is the best Minister for the Environment we have ever had.

She alone has brought everyone together behind a common cause.

Now if we could just get a Herd of Special Interest established under this Govt would be very sweet.  Wink

I assume that’s being said tongue in cheek.
She should’ve been down the road before her feet could touch the ground.
She’s a nutter. An unelected zealot that has dreamt for years of getting some power so she can enact her fantasies.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #17 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
I don't like her much, but I see that as nothing more than a slip of the tongue - no big deal.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
As far as I know thats how they refer to us in her office...so its no slip of the tongue...its what she and her advisors think...

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #19 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:41pm:
As far as I know thats how they refer to us in her office...so its no slip of the tongue...its what she and her advisors think...

and how do you refer to her?  Pretty sure you want call her honorable eugene sage?  More likely to be a bunch of expletives  Grin   

storm in a teacup and not a very big 1 at that.  just remember her stuff up alan as it could be you making it on live tv 1 day!! it was a pretty obvious mistake starting to say cull then correct to hunters.

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #20 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Lou Nunn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
I have to agree with Headcase on this one, in one way she has done what no other person has been able to do in the past.
Her sloppy actions have brought deer hunters, pig hunters, duck shooter and general rifle and gun owners together for one cause. With the share nature of our chosen past time and interests we are a pretty independent group that go about our lives in the remote places of NZ fending for ourselves for days and weeks on end, not asking much of each other.
And yet when it came to this issue a few people formed a group and were backed by thousands, not only in signing petitions but actually putting our hands in our own pockets to fight.
Politicians now realise we are a significant group that may vote as one if the cause is close to our hearts.
Hunters from the North and overseas stuck up for the Tahr and I think that now those from the South or anywhere else will stick up for Sika, Rusa , Whitetail or what ever comes under threat next time.
New Zealand may not need an NRA type organisation with some of the poor connotations that go along with it but hunters, shooters and fishermen voting when it counts is a powerful display.

Well said now lets hope we all stay together. Also remember this is not some PC namby pamby site, we kill stuff.  By all means don't insult or threaten people on a public forum but never ever forget who the enemy of our way of life is. Wink

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #21 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:41pm:

That probably doesn't worry me so much, I really don't care what they call us - but what HC and Lou Nunn had to say is quite telling, and very true too.

If it weren't for her that result might never have happened - we wouldn't be where we are at now.

And if you were to think a bit deeper, it's almost like she did it all on purpose - wonder if she's a 'closet hunter' ?

I hope someone sent her a very large bouquet of flowers.

IP Logged

Apple

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #22 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Well ok all ...I’ve been shot down in flames , no need to be stressed then ! Slip of the tongue, personal thoughts from her , it seems to be of acceptance..fair enough ,
I will bow my head and honour our minister of Cuntstervation .. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #23 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Apple wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:55pm:
Well ok all ...I’ve been shot down in flames , no need to be stressed then ! Slip of the tongue, personal thoughts from her , it seems to be of acceptance..fair enough ,
I will bow my head and honour our minister of Cuntstervation .. Roll Eyes

Never bow your head to her, just plot the end of her come next election meanwhile we all need to stay together.  Might be some on here related to her from some  comments  Wink   Stirs the pot and steps away Smiley

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #24 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  

Whether it was a 'slip of the tongue' or not doesn't really matter, whichever way it was it will do her more harm than good.

Was doing some work up the road today and someone I've never talked hunting with brought it up and asked how I felt about it.
They thought it was deliberate as Eugenie could always claim it was a slip.

Probably not too much positive energy running around her office at the moment ..............

IP Logged

Cigar

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Maybe her plan is working....
everyone's forgotten about the tahr and been distracted by the c word

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #26 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Cigar wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Maybe her plan is working....
everyone's forgotten about the tahr and been distracted by the c word

Yeah - and I think her using that word was very deliberate.

If you look at the interview there is no change of expression or hesitation in her speech, and that is abnormal and suggests she put a lot of practice into getting that speech word perfect.

Any normal reaction would be some confusion as to what was said, perhaps even a verbal question to the interviewer ........

"Jeez Daniel, did I just f**king say what I think I did ?"

But no, none of that, so I can only assume she thought no one had picked up on it - or she did it for a bet.

And I believe that's what I've been saying all the way through this thread.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #27 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
And I thought we were getting somewhere as a group. Are we not big enough to just move on and make the most of a win win for all parties, and accept our win has far reaching consequences for the future of herds in New Zealand.  To persist in pulling this apart on the front page of our forum strikes me as inconsequential and petty.

We as a collective group representing hunting in this country should be bigger than this.. Lets get on with it.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Shankspony
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #28 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
And I thought we were getting somewhere as a group. Are we not big enough to just move on and make the most of a win win for all parties, and accept our win has far reaching consequences for the future of herds in New Zealand.  To persist in pulling this apart on the front page of our forum strikes me as inconsequential and petty.

We as a collective group representing hunting in this country should be bigger than this.. Lets get on with it.  Smiley

+1

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #29 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  

Headcase this is not "the group" just a forum where people shoot the breeze. The Tahr foundation and GAC are the group and many here support them, lets not shoot each other and stay behind them. If anyone steps over the line, delete it, if not live with other peoples opinions. Me, I am old enough to have been called most things by far better people than her. Some I've actually deserved as well. Roll on the election  Wink

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #30 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 8:19pm
Print Post  

Lets get on with what ? ............ I thought we were.

I've argued both sides of the coin on this, don't know how to be fairer than that

People will draw their own conclusions re this subject and it will die a natural death when something worthier comes along.

And, 'bowmad' is correct, just 'shooting the breeze' mate - do that sometimes when I'm in the mood.
Same as you, I expect.

And as for us as a group 'representing hunting in this country' - I believe support for the Thar Foundation is the only thing I ever seen the majority of us in accord over.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #31 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Now that we have actually got the Minister to the table, its not smart to piss the arbitrator off.

Negativity is accumulative, and what we actually want is a positive culture around hunting, not a negative one.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Apple

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #32 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:07am
Print Post  
SF90 wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 8:19pm:

Lets get on with what ? ............ I thought we were.

I've argued both sides of the coin on this, don't know how to be fairer than that

People will draw their own conclusions re this subject and it will die a natural death when something worthier comes along.

And, 'bowmad' is correct, just 'shooting the breeze' mate - do that sometimes when I'm in the mood.
Same as you, I expect.

And as for us as a group 'representing hunting in this country' - I believe support for the Thar Foundation is the only thing I ever seen the majority of us in accord over.

Couldn’t agree more , sf90

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #33 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 7:29am
Print Post  
bowmad wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:39pm:

Headcase this is not "the group" just a forum where people shoot the breeze. The Tahr foundation and GAC are the group and many here support them, lets not shoot each other and stay behind them. If anyone steps over the line, delete it, if not live with other peoples opinions. Me, I am old enough to have been called most things by far better people than her. Some I've actually deserved as well. Roll on the election  Wink

To make a few things clear. That was my opinion just as you have one.. I did not write my post as a mod but as a member of the forum and the hunting fraternity. I joined the forum as you not as a mod but naked so to speak,, as a person who wanted to comment and contribute. Most of what I write here is my opinion, and acceptance of others opinion is a given but that doesnt stop me commenting. So in the spirit of just ''shooting the breeze'' away I go again..  Smiley

I do believe we are part of a broad group, made up of many like minded people who appreciate being able at will, to roam in the wilderness or fish the waters that NZ has to offer.

The forum itself is the face of a large number of people and opinions, and a place visited every day not only by forum members, but a large number of others such as The Minister, her staff, other interested politicians, and journalists etc.  What we say here sets a tone for all sorts of peoples opinions on hunters.

The place is also a sounding board for people who are in politics or govern organistions such as the GAC, The Tahr Foundation, NZDA, and eg. the Outdoors Party, etc. We are the people that make up and support those organisations and give them their clout. Without us they would be less, and have less to say, reducing their influemce while  sitting at a round table with the Minister.

The negotiations they have just been through in the last 10 days are potentaiily only the beginning, not just with this minister but potentially with the following. The start of a fruitfull discouse for hunters, fishermen and other like minded into the future. As  negotiating partners on our behalf Im sure they would rather go into these discussions in the knowledge that the people they represent are not souring the pitch before they have even begun talking together.

If The Minister has intentionally used the ''c'' word then she comes with much bias and we as a group need to be better than that and not fall to those standards. If she has not intentionally reffered to hunters with a derogatory term, then we have no need to exacerbate the situation. Rather, bring some dignity to the broader discussion and educate the Minister as to the importance of preserving not only the native species but also the species that provide recreation and food for so many in this country.

Im full of optimism that the past days show that combined, all the people interested in, to use a broad term ''hunting and fishing'' when they pull together as a group have the will and the persistence to be heard..  Smiley

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #34 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:29am
Print Post  
I agree largely with what you say, the only way is forward - but do not forget the Minister we are talking about tried to shaft us in a very big way.

Forgive, if you choose, hold out the olive branch should you choose, but do not forget - nor should you roll over in appeasement for you might well find she will kick you in the guts.

She is a representative of the people, yet has shown a bias toward her own personal agenda and her failure in achieving that must rankle.
She will never be our friend and less so right now - she was humiliated and her bitterness will be deep.

I actually wrote that post 'tongue in cheek', I would have thought it obvious - but no, the written word is taken at face value - a lesson for me.

BC wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:08am:
Now that we have actually got the Minister to the table, its not smart to piss the arbitrator off.

Neville Chamberlain approached Hitler with exactly that mindset - and history tells us how that went.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #35 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:52am
Print Post  
SF90 wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:29am:
I agree largely with what you say, the only way is forward - but do not forget the Minister we are talking about tried to shaft us in a very big way.

Forgive, if you choose, hold out the olive branch should you choose, but do not forget - nor should you roll over in appeasement for you might well find she will kick you in the guts.

She is a representative of the people, yet has shown a bias toward her own personal agenda and her failure in achieving that must rankle.
She will never be our friend and less so right now - she was humiliated and her bitterness will be deep.

I actually wrote that post 'tongue in cheek', I would have thought it obvious - but no, the written word is taken at face value - a lesson for me.

Neville Chamberlain approached Hitler with exactly that mindset - and history tells us how that went.

I dont think she was humiliated.

she got her cull, just less than wanted. She has ensured that numbers will be reduced next year too, and probably into the future as systems fall into place around more accurate counts.

Thats a win..

We also win.. the future of Tahr appears to be looking brighter with some guaranteed minimum numbers being set in place and the groups representing hunters and other interested parties having a far greater say.

Most importantly it has been demonstrated we have teeth.. Our opinion matters.

Thats is also a win.

Everyone made compromises.. The Minister got less Tahr culled, the hunters now acknowledge defacto that AATH and WARO are here to stay and tools to control numbers. AATH now have to perform the nanny culls they promised in regard to number of bulls shot. Hunters got less Tahr.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #36 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Personally I think anyone who thinks this is over is naive.  Smiley She is like a wounded lion and will charge out of the bushes just as you let your guard down. Her office is staffed with Forest and birders and she herself worked for F&B and her husband works for DOC.
She knew she was in trouble on this one when the 150k was raised ...she knew then that an injunction would be on her table by weds... so all that has happened here is that she has had a skirmish with hunters and tested the water.  In my opinion her goal is total extermination of introduced species and after this scrap she will just change tactics.
The 1080 will be targeted more at deer ..the amount in a pellet will go up and she doesn't need any consultation or approval.  waro will increase and the hunting groups who said yes minister ..thank you minister... will rue the day they didn't serve it to her while the country was united against her.
Just my opinion but I'm usually right... Grin Grin Grin Grin tongue in cheek...read my press releases when she was fist appointed and later...
It ain't over yet. Smiley
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1496228821
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1534781166
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1537534171

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #37 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 9:41am
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:52am:
Most importantly it has been demonstrated we have teeth.. Our opinion matters.

Yes I totally agree how ever politician have demonstrated many times they are masters of deceit. Watch her very closely and stay behind the two parties fighting for our interests. I for one are more than willing to chip in again to "give a little". Money talks bullshit walks. Any of the tahr group read this , just ask, people are here to help $  Cool  ps Like the Chamberlain quote very appropriate Wink

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #38 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
SF90 wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:29am:

That's rubbish. Chamberlain was weak, and lauded a weak deal. We are lauding the beginning of negotiations and are not weak. We have a war chest which can be increased.

Albeit that the out come could be (to paraphrase Chamberlain) "Tahr in our time".

The point I was wishing to make is that there will be no profit in aggravating the Minister through silly behaviour.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #39 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 9:39am:
Personally I think anyone who thinks this is over is naive.  Smiley She is like a wounded lion and will charge out of the bushes just as you let your guard down. Her office is staffed with Forest and birders and she herself worked for F&B and her husband works for DOC.
She knew she was in trouble on this one when the 150k was raised ...she knew then that an injunction would be on her table by weds... so all that has happened here is that she has had a skirmish with hunters and tested the water.  In my opinion her goal is total extermination of introduced species and after this scrap she will just change tactics.
The 1080 will be targeted more at deer ..the amount in a pellet will go up and she doesn't need any consultation or approval.  waro will increase and the hunting groups who said yes minister ..thank you minister... will rue the day they didn't serve it to her while the country was united against her.
Just my opinion but I'm usually right... Grin Grin Grin Grin tongue in cheek...read my press releases when she was fist appointed and later...
It ain't over yet. Smiley
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1496228821
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1534781166
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1537534171

Who exactly? And why exactly?

Just want to ask again Alan, who were these yes Minister "hunting groups" your refer to, and why will they "rue the day?"

On the face of it appears that you are dissing very well intended and effective groups for political gain?

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2018 at 7:00am by BC »  

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #40 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Obviously I will not tell you where I get my information from BUT all they talk about is getting rid of the deer out of NZ...the language and hatred is frightening behind the scenes.. and they think they are right and we are rabble. So we will see... time will tell but they are not giving up. Smiley

IP Logged

Horse
Forum Senior

Reply #41 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
+1 Allan, we need to keep the pressure on.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #42 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  

BC wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:42am:
That's rubbish. Chamberlain was weak, and lauded a weak deal. We are lauding the beginning of negotiations and are not weak. We have a war chest which can be increased.

'War chest' - that's a bit bloody rich mate.
There were a group of guys who got off their arse and made something happen - with sod all help from the majority of us, I might add.
Last I looked at that 'war chest' it was about $158,000 - which works out to about 1,600 donations of $100 each - or 3,200 people donating $50.
And 'Shanks' reckons there are about 2 to 3,000 dedicated thar hunters, not counting the casuals.

And Chamberlain was weak, but no weaker than us as a group.
What have we ever decided on here, what have we made happen as a forum group - nothing.
We 'shoot the breeze', show off our flash guns, 4WD's and post photos of what we shot - no demands, just chat and the occasional bitch session.

We are a threat to no-one.

And having said all that - I enjoy reading the stories, seeing the photos and not least - seeing the different ways people think.

It's a good forum - and I wish I didn't feel compelled to say that, but it's true.

And Alan is right - dump on him all you like, he sees it how I do and while he might feel a bit sad that you can't see what's right in front of your face - I doubt he gives too much of a toss.

And now I'm going to search the 'archives' to see if I can find anything positive you might have written - apart from your dog one - that was good  Smiley

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #43 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks SF90 BUT I do give a toss... I want to secure good hunting for my grandson before I pop my clogs... and I don't have much time now... so am frustrated when I see what is secretly happening and that hunters JUST like anglers only rise to the challenge when their sport is threatened.. Actually Chamberlain said another great statement when asked what the secret of winning in politics was and he said "events" and that pretty much it... so long as those events don't happen in a run up to an election the government have a free ride. Come next election I wonder how many will remember NZ First... trawlers out to 12 miles and Nationals recreational fishing reserves... and they will have moved on from Thar... I believe we need  a total culture shock at DOC and it needs to be about US and NOW not preservationists and we need to get some field experience back into the department AND it all starts at the top...
Anyway I still stand by what I said I have inside knowledge and deer are right in the firing line... Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #44 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
+ 1 Alan. Next year they will implement heaps then all go quite 2020.
Keep up the good work.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #45 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Youre starting to sound like a real politician now Alan.  just a lil bit more spin and hot  air and youll be there  Grin

deer have always been in the firing line yours mine and docs so dont make out its a aig secret and have inside knowledge as when a poli claims that sorta crap its 99.999% Made up crap to get support.
if you have info you think we need to know then post it otherwise youre just another bullsh*tting run of the mill poli we dont want in govt. if youre better then that then prove it!!!

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #46 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
Thanks SF90 BUT I do give a toss... I want to secure good hunting for my grandson before I pop my clogs... and I don't have much time now... so am frustrated when I see what is secretly happening and that hunters JUST like anglers only rise to the challenge when their sport is threatened.. Actually Chamberlain said another great statement when asked what the secret of winning in politics was and he said "events" and that pretty much it... so long as those events don't happen in a run up to an election the government have a free ride. Come next election I wonder how many will remember NZ First... trawlers out to 12 miles and Nationals recreational fishing reserves... and they will have moved on from Thar... I believe we need  a total culture shock at DOC and it needs to be about US and NOW not preservationists and we need to get some field experience back into the department AND it all starts at the top...
Anyway I still stand by what I said I have inside knowledge and deer are right in the firing line... Grin Grin Grin

I understand what you're saying, I got young teenagers that I feel should be given the opportunities I've had - it's very important to me.

And I think you only need to look back to last year when the LNIRDF had their court case with DOC to see where things are headed - and what clout DOC felt we had.

They (Head Office) have ignored us far too long - and we have allowed them to.

I personally felt the current agenda from Ms Sage was to smack us with the Thar cull using an outdated agreement - then follow on from there with the other herds.
Once that ball was rolling - there'd almost be no stopping it.

German's called it 'blitzkrieg' I believe - and they, like Ms Sage weren't listening to anyone - until they had to.

There's three ways of looking at all this I reckon, there's those who shove their heads in the sand and pretend it isn't happening, those who don't really care because they'll be okay (she'll be jake mate), and those who are running in a circle because they do care, but don't know what to do.

It's those last ones you gotta herd up - there could be a few of them ............. I hope.

Then of course there are those who are actually doing the stuff, making the changes.

Just really need to know who stands for what - bit of confusion there for me.

IP Logged

Sika 9
Donor Member

Onwards and upwards

Reply #47 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Youre starting to sound like a real politician now Alan.  just a lil bit more spin and hot  air and youll be there  Grin

deer have always been in the firing line yours mine and docs so dont make out its a aig secret and have inside knowledge as when a poli claims that sorta crap its 99.999% Made up crap to get support.
if you have info you think we need to know then post it otherwise youre just another bullsh*tting run of the mill poli we dont want in govt. if youre better then that then prove it!!!

He might sound like a politician but he's probably bloody right too.

Every hunt is successful, pulling the trigger is a bonus;)

IP Logged

Gooridog

Reply #48 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Good on you Alan. I agree. Not doing much good deleting posts people don't agree with, and buttering up to Eugenie Sage. She's made it plain all along what she wants to do. Only the birds will survive,is her mandate. 1080 everything. cheap culling
Angry

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #49 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Which posts were deleted?

IP Logged

Nirok
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #50 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
I still think the biggest threat to forest and bird are the wasps and yet they dont seem to bee an issue for them.

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #51 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:20pm:

Alan may sound like a politician even act like one but at least hes on our side.  Please don't cripple our friends save that for our enemies and we all know who she is Wink  As for wasps, add cattle, sheep, humans, magpies, sparrows , I'll stop now eh Cool

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #52 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm:

I don't have "inside knowledge" but I do know deer ARE  in the firing line

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #53 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Tararua Hunter wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:19pm:

I'll bite on that one TH.

And I know who's desk you sit at, you wrote to me from it - so I would strongly suspect you have a little more knowledge than most re what's in the pipeline.

I know we are all sitting back congratulating ourselves with the thar cull result - and I also know the venerable Ms Sage is not sitting on her hands.

We gave ourselves away with our pathetic contributions to the Thar Foundation 'war chest' - she see's our strength and must have fallen over laughing.

We had our chance - and blew it big time.

So - where's the counter-punch coming from mate .......... 1080, WARO, DOC shooters ???

Wake these dozy buggers up to the fact there WILL be no hunting if they don't do something.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #54 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
The people who asked for donations seem to think it was significant.  Smiley

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #55 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
The people who asked for donations seem to think it was significant.  Smiley

Probably had a poorer opinion of us than I did.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #56 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
SF90 wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
Tararua Hunter wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:19pm:

I'll bite on that one TH.

And I know who's desk you sit at, you wrote to me from it - so I would strongly suspect you have a little more knowledge than most re what's in the pipeline.

I know we are all sitting back congratulating ourselves with the thar cull result - and I also know the venerable Ms Sage is not sitting on her hands.

We gave ourselves away with our pathetic contributions to the Thar Foundation 'war chest' - she see's our strength and must have fallen over laughing.

We had our chance - and blew it big time.

So - where's the counter-punch coming from mate .......... 1080, WARO, DOC shooters ???

Wake these dozy buggers up to the fact there WILL be no hunting if they don't do something.

The Tahr cull agreement based on the plan the GAC submitted, is a major win, IMO. Hunters should be happy with it. at least for now.

However, the minister has made no bones about her views about increasing deer numbers. I will get around to posting a letter from her to the LNIRDF.
The LNIRDF got an audience with Eugine sage not long ago.
and she isn't interested in doing more  monitoring, when the problem is already known (quote)

To be fair, local DOC seem to be working constructively with the LNIRDF,GAC,NZDA,WARO reps towards getting a sensible deer management in the Ruahines. Something that is almost unknown, except in the likes of Fiordland

IP Logged

s55

Reply #57 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:55am
Print Post  
I see she has a block of land south of Westport which she has a lot of wild things running about on, Wink Wink

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #58 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
What? ,not more Greens ?   Grin

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards