Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Engine sage.! (Read 3665 times)
Lou Nunn
Donor Member

Re: Engine sage.!
Reply #15 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
I have to agree with Headcase on this one, in one way she has done what no other person has been able to do in the past.
Her sloppy actions have brought deer hunters, pig hunters, duck shooter and general rifle and gun owners together for one cause. With the share nature of our chosen past time and interests we are a pretty independent group that go about our lives in the remote places of NZ fending for ourselves for days and weeks on end, not asking much of each other.
And yet when it came to this issue a few people formed a group and were backed by thousands, not only in signing petitions but actually putting our hands in our own pockets to fight.
Politicians now realise we are a significant group that may vote as one if the cause is close to our hearts.
Hunters from the North and overseas stuck up for the Tahr and I think that now those from the South or anywhere else will stick up for Sika, Rusa , Whitetail or what ever comes under threat next time.
New Zealand may not need an NRA type organisation with some of the poor connotations that go along with it but hunters, shooters and fishermen voting when it counts is a powerful display.

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #16 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
Sacked you must be joking. She is the best Minister for the Environment we have ever had.

She alone has brought everyone together behind a common cause.

Now if we could just get a Herd of Special Interest established under this Govt would be very sweet.  Wink

I assume that’s being said tongue in cheek.
She should’ve been down the road before her feet could touch the ground.
She’s a nutter. An unelected zealot that has dreamt for years of getting some power so she can enact her fantasies.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #17 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
I don't like her much, but I see that as nothing more than a slip of the tongue - no big deal.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
As far as I know thats how they refer to us in her office...so its no slip of the tongue...its what she and her advisors think...

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #19 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:41pm:
As far as I know thats how they refer to us in her office...so its no slip of the tongue...its what she and her advisors think...

and how do you refer to her?  Pretty sure you want call her honorable eugene sage?  More likely to be a bunch of expletives  Grin   

storm in a teacup and not a very big 1 at that.  just remember her stuff up alan as it could be you making it on live tv 1 day!! it was a pretty obvious mistake starting to say cull then correct to hunters.

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #20 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Lou Nunn wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
I have to agree with Headcase on this one, in one way she has done what no other person has been able to do in the past.
Her sloppy actions have brought deer hunters, pig hunters, duck shooter and general rifle and gun owners together for one cause. With the share nature of our chosen past time and interests we are a pretty independent group that go about our lives in the remote places of NZ fending for ourselves for days and weeks on end, not asking much of each other.
And yet when it came to this issue a few people formed a group and were backed by thousands, not only in signing petitions but actually putting our hands in our own pockets to fight.
Politicians now realise we are a significant group that may vote as one if the cause is close to our hearts.
Hunters from the North and overseas stuck up for the Tahr and I think that now those from the South or anywhere else will stick up for Sika, Rusa , Whitetail or what ever comes under threat next time.
New Zealand may not need an NRA type organisation with some of the poor connotations that go along with it but hunters, shooters and fishermen voting when it counts is a powerful display.

Well said now lets hope we all stay together. Also remember this is not some PC namby pamby site, we kill stuff.  By all means don't insult or threaten people on a public forum but never ever forget who the enemy of our way of life is. Wink

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #21 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:41pm:

That probably doesn't worry me so much, I really don't care what they call us - but what HC and Lou Nunn had to say is quite telling, and very true too.

If it weren't for her that result might never have happened - we wouldn't be where we are at now.

And if you were to think a bit deeper, it's almost like she did it all on purpose - wonder if she's a 'closet hunter' ?

I hope someone sent her a very large bouquet of flowers.

IP Logged

Apple

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #22 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Well ok all ...I’ve been shot down in flames , no need to be stressed then ! Slip of the tongue, personal thoughts from her , it seems to be of acceptance..fair enough ,
I will bow my head and honour our minister of Cuntstervation .. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #23 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Apple wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:55pm:
Well ok all ...I’ve been shot down in flames , no need to be stressed then ! Slip of the tongue, personal thoughts from her , it seems to be of acceptance..fair enough ,
I will bow my head and honour our minister of Cuntstervation .. Roll Eyes

Never bow your head to her, just plot the end of her come next election meanwhile we all need to stay together.  Might be some on here related to her from some  comments  Wink   Stirs the pot and steps away Smiley

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #24 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  

Whether it was a 'slip of the tongue' or not doesn't really matter, whichever way it was it will do her more harm than good.

Was doing some work up the road today and someone I've never talked hunting with brought it up and asked how I felt about it.
They thought it was deliberate as Eugenie could always claim it was a slip.

Probably not too much positive energy running around her office at the moment ..............

IP Logged

Cigar

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Maybe her plan is working....
everyone's forgotten about the tahr and been distracted by the c word

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #26 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Cigar wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Maybe her plan is working....
everyone's forgotten about the tahr and been distracted by the c word

Yeah - and I think her using that word was very deliberate.

If you look at the interview there is no change of expression or hesitation in her speech, and that is abnormal and suggests she put a lot of practice into getting that speech word perfect.

Any normal reaction would be some confusion as to what was said, perhaps even a verbal question to the interviewer ........

"Jeez Daniel, did I just f**king say what I think I did ?"

But no, none of that, so I can only assume she thought no one had picked up on it - or she did it for a bet.

And I believe that's what I've been saying all the way through this thread.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #27 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
And I thought we were getting somewhere as a group. Are we not big enough to just move on and make the most of a win win for all parties, and accept our win has far reaching consequences for the future of herds in New Zealand.  To persist in pulling this apart on the front page of our forum strikes me as inconsequential and petty.

We as a collective group representing hunting in this country should be bigger than this.. Lets get on with it.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Shankspony
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #28 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
And I thought we were getting somewhere as a group. Are we not big enough to just move on and make the most of a win win for all parties, and accept our win has far reaching consequences for the future of herds in New Zealand.  To persist in pulling this apart on the front page of our forum strikes me as inconsequential and petty.

We as a collective group representing hunting in this country should be bigger than this.. Lets get on with it.  Smiley

+1

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #29 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 6:56pm:

Headcase this is not "the group" just a forum where people shoot the breeze. The Tahr foundation and GAC are the group and many here support them, lets not shoot each other and stay behind them. If anyone steps over the line, delete it, if not live with other peoples opinions. Me, I am old enough to have been called most things by far better people than her. Some I've actually deserved as well. Roll on the election  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards