Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lake Aniwhenua advice (Read 489 times)
ted6.5
Donor Member

Lake Aniwhenua advice
Oct 4th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hi Team

Any tip for fishing the lake? Looking to take the kids down tomorrow for the day, will take the boat.

Will take spinners and soft plastics for the kids. Indicator nymphing or lure on the fly rod? How do global bugs go?

Any advice on colours flies etc appreciated.

Cheers

Ted

Simon's situation was grave so he used gravy

IP Logged

dave m
Donor Member

Remington and BEAR keep
me honest!!

Re: Lake Aniwhenua advice
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
How did you go Ted?

Ive heard its best to fish from a boat. I have spun from the shore line once without success

you can't get a cold drink out of warm piss

IP Logged

andrew-simpson
Donor Member

Wishes for fishes

Re: Lake Aniwhenua advice
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2018 at 8:40am
Print Post  
boat or kayak the go. find the weed beds as trout will cruise around the edges. i find if you can bring your lures carefully along the edge of the weed beds you will do well. a kayak is awesome cause you can get right on top of the beds without disturbing the fish. be prepared to pick up a bit of lake weed as you go and work hard to keep the fish out of it. one of my favourite lakes. black and gold toby always delivers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards