Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic older 243 wanted for my 10yr old getting into hunting (Read 783 times)
Wanda_Ra
Donor Member

firearmtrader.co.nz

older 243 wanted for my 10yr old getting into hunting
Oct 2nd, 2018 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
My 9 yr old is about to hit ten and i want to upgrade him from his current 17Hmr to a 243 for his tenth birthday in 2 months.
( he can shoot one ok, he used my 6.5 at the range fine.)

Im not really into the latest model rifles and vastly prefer old huskies / tikkas .

Would anyone have any older rifle sitting around unused that a newer generation could make use of ?

Doesnt have a to be a flash harry, looking to spend about $700 max as ive seen a few around for that and a bit less, just wasnt quick enough to grab.

firearmtrader.co.nz

IP Logged

Sauer

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: older 243 wanted for my 10yr old getting into hunting
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:43am
Print Post  
PM sent.

IP Logged

garyp

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Will have a Parker Hale with a great barrel for 350 dollars in a couple of weeks. Will even throw in a 4x Burris scope. Just got barrell and it is very heavy so probably not suitable. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:43pm by garyp »  

IP Logged

RhysAus
Just Joined

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Following- Also seekin .243 in north island for under $600 without scope if any about?
typically this yr but happy for january-

IP Logged

Kalahari-hunter

Walking my rifle

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I got a 243 Mossberg Patriot in a Boyds laminate thumbhole stock if anyone keen, been threaded and crowned by DPT, glassbedded, about 150-200 rounds through it. its very accurate, i have shot it out to 1120y and killed goats out to 690y with it. Comes with both the laminate stock as well as the original plastic stock which is not actually that bad either. Ill chuck in whatever ammo i have left as well if you pick up.

If you near Hamilton im happy to bring it to you to shoot and show yo how accurate it is.

ill do 800 for it id say. Selling the rifle to fund a MDT HS3 for my 6.5CM Howa.

I have a scope available for it as well as 20moa rings. Nikon monarch 3 4-20x44 scope and Burris rings. These will be extra cost.

All located in Hamilton

NZDA Rotorua Member

IP Logged

Wanda_Ra
Donor Member

firearmtrader.co.nz

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
I have received for my son a beauty of an older rifle that i am sure he will put to good use over the years.
I might add that this rifle was free and sent free of charge, purely so that a new generation hunter could make use of it. Just goes to show that there are still some wonderful people out there.

many thanks to you, you know who you are.

firearmtrader.co.nz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards