Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Boruit headlamp (Read 1015 times)
Flintlock
Donor Member

Boruit headlamp
Oct 1st, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
My Boruit head lamp from Ali Express just arrived , 13 days after the order was paid for , excellent service , it cost $24.24 , I suppose there will be a bank charge for paying in US dollars so the real cost will be a little more.
I didn't get the charger cable as I thought I had just about  one of each  , after going through a box of no longer used phone charger cables I found 2 that do the job ( Samsung) .
The test will have to wait till tonight .
The flickering mode would probably extend battery life but could be a serious problem for those with epilepsy

Shooting is the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on .
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Boruit headlamp
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Very useful little headlamp - hell of a good price too.  Will flog mine back from gadgetman tomorrow and give it a workout on Central bunny shoot next month. Not much we can do about strobe modes unfortunately.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Ive had one since they first appeared. They are damned good for all sorts of uses, but the flickering mode drives me nuts.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:42am
Print Post  
As others have said..the flashing mode is a bit of a pain. the iight
itself seems to be a good unit. plenty of light for what i use it for. The price is real value for money. Supposedly not in the same league as another LED series of lamps. I know which one i would rather buy. Wink

be good...And careful

IP Logged

JoshC
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Yeah, I've got a few different models, they're all very good quality. For the money, hard to beat I reckon.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Maxtoch still working on new LR500 headlamp - 500 meter range.  Kiwi spec model for hunting/outdoors - very neat little unit if and when it comes into production.  In the meantime this Boruit is pretty good. Why the hell would we pay 10-15x as much for a Led Lenser with less power!!  They are over-priced, over-hyped and old technology. 

Might have chat with Boruit company and see if they can produce one without that strobe. Just lo/med/high. Also non glued in led so its easier to extract and dedome.

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I've been lucky to buy 3, at different times on Tardme, $1 start auctions. Cost about $18 -$22 average, including $6 courier fee.  Wink

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Poacher - just using that Bahco knife you gave me to cut up some steak - very sharp - like a hot knife through butter Smiley. Great little weapon.

Have just messaged Boruit to see if they'd do a hunter model of that high power B10 headlamp - hi/med/low and no strobe. We'll see.  While looking at their site I did notice a useful looking little camper/walker light too for just $15NZ delivered. Check it out - ordered one to have a look because price amazing and Boruit quality is not bad at all:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1000Lm-3W-LED-1-Mode-Headlight-USB-Rech...

like I need another light.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Cheers for the link Muddy, looks like it might be a pretty useful little single cell torch Smiley
Worth buying a couple to play around with at that price aye.
I'm sure I have one hell of a lot less torches than you, and even I don't need another torch  Grin
It's all for research purposes don't ya know  Smiley

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 6:19am
Print Post  
I've purchased a couple over the last few months
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Boruit-1000LM-XPL-V5-LED-Headlamp-Flashlight-3-M...

This is a great single 18650 torch with a good range out to 120ish meters, plenty of flood and good for walking back to camp in the dark.
I like how you can remove it from the strap and stand it up on a flat surface.
I well made little torch.

This one turned up the other day
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BORUIT-10W-XML-L2-LED-Headlamp-Hunting-Headlight...

Mudgripz had recommended this as a night hunting torch.  It has a wide beam and should have up to 300m throw but am yet to test it out.  It is quite heavy on your head and it tends to move a little on your head as you walk fast but should be ok.
Looks fairly well made.  Both torches under $25

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Hi possum - I noticed that little head light you mention when browsing Boruit. Thought it looked pretty good - a fraction of the price of alot of 'name' stuff, but with very good ratings and 1 year warranty.  Well worth a look.  Just gave away several older camping/walking headlamps - but I see Boruit has a very basic walker for less than $3NZ delivered!!! And again with v good ratings plus year warranty. How the hell do they do it...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lightweight-COB-LED-Headlamp-Headlight-Flashligh...

I do not.. I do not need .. I do NOT need any more lights.  (Actually I only have about 4)

Maybe one. For research purposes. One.  (Ruger will buy 4 of them because he has no self control)  Grin

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
mudgripz wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:44am:
Hi possum - I noticed that little head light you mention when browsing Boruit. Thought it looked pretty good - a fraction of the price of alot of 'name' stuff, but with very good ratings and 1 year warranty.  Well worth a look.  Just gave away several older camping/walking headlamps - but I see Boruit has a very basic walker for less than $3NZ delivered!!! And again with v good ratings plus year warranty. How the hell do they do it...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lightweight-COB-LED-Headlamp-Headlight-Flashligh...

I do not.. I do not need .. I do NOT need any more lights.  (Actually I only have about 4)

Maybe one. For research purposes. One.  (Ruger will buy 4 of them because he has no self control)  Grin

It said $4.97 for delivery when I looked.

IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
......I notice that wee beauty also has.....a strobe function!!!!!!!
Do they think we are all party animals, wanting to break out funky dance moves wherever we go with our little lights Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
I'll have you know I only nearly bought 4 of them when I saw they were $1.80 US each, but then I noticed the normal price is $2.80 so no need for a panic buy  Grin

mudgripz wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 9:44am:

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

Reply #14 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Quite incredible that they can pump them out at that price and still ship them for free  Cheesy.
Certainly a few well made Chinese torches competing with the big known brands of torches and matching them and in some cases, as we know with the Maxtochs, smashing the competition.  The sub $3 ones have got to be pretty junky though

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards