Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic RE26 For 7mm Rem Mag? (Read 313 times)
J
Donor Member

Per Ardua

RE26 For 7mm Rem Mag?
Sep 30th, 2018 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Iím about to build a reasonably lightweight tops rifle in 7 Rem Mag with 180 drain ELD-M. I was going to use 2225, but it seems that RE26 could be a good alternative with low temp sensitivity.

Is anyone using RE26 with this combo, and how is it going? Seems around 69 grains is the sweet spot for most rifles. I would appreciate opinions and experience if anyone can offer advice.

Hope there will be some bull tahr left when itís ready.

Cheers

IP Logged

spearo
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: RE26 For 7mm Rem Mag?
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Yeah Im using Re26   J,, have just started load development with this powder using 162 projectiles.  Went up to 69.5grs with no pressure signs, new norma brass.
Have some loads made up with 168 vld to try, have them made up to a max of 69.0grs .

If you dig around on the likes of "longrange hunting.com" theres some good info and feedback on Re26 in the 7mm rem mag.

IP Logged

J
Donor Member

Per Ardua

Re: RE26 For 7mm Rem Mag?
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply. Iím familiar with longrangehunting.com, but wanted to see what the view was here. There is often an obsession with max velocity in the US, but Iím more interested in temp sensitivity and accuracy than speed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards