Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DPT .22 Magnum Suppressor (Read 290 times)
stewart.h
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

DPT .22 Magnum Suppressor
Sep 29th, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
I just bought a DPT .22 Magnum Suppressor (5 x Baffles).  I was as happy as a sand boy - until I read the "Maintenance Instructions".  Ye gawds!
Who has a DPT .22 Magnum Suppressor?  Are you happy with it?
Are you as anal about cleaning it, as DPT suggest you need to be?
I am wondering if I should have spent a little bit more money - and got one with Stainless Baffles?

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: DPT .22 Magnum Suppressor
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
I don't own one but have been considering one due to their extremely lightweight. But as you mention, the maintenance appears high so guess that's the issue to consider against other suppressors that have stainless baffles throughout hence heavier?

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I have three of them for .17HMR, .223 and 6.5CM. I take them apart every 20-30 shots or so, give them a good clean, put some grease on the baffles and the thread and put them back together. Takes about 5min. The .223 had 400 shots through and first baffles is still okay for at least another 400 - that is with a 15" barrel. Don't think a .22 Magnum will do more damage...

IP Logged

Wanda_Ra
Donor Member

firearmtrader.co.nz

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
I have a dpt 22 magnum suppressor, floats tween my 22 mag and my 17hmr.   had it about a year now prolly put about 500 rounds  1/2 -  1/2 of each through it.
Cleaned it about 3 times, the first baffles a little pitted but thats about it. I just pull apart scrub in sink, grease and forget for another 150 rounds etc.
Once i hit 1000 rounds i was thinking of getting a SS baffle. who knows, at the cost vs cost of ammo its a pittance.

firearmtrader.co.nz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards