Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic HUNTERS UNDER ATTACK AGAIN (Read 2083 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

HUNTERS UNDER ATTACK AGAIN
Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:49am
Print Post  
PRESS RELEASE FROM: NZ OUTDOORS PARTY

DATE: FRIDAY 21st SEPTEMBER 2018

SUBJECT: HUNTERS UNDER ATTACK AGAIN

Hunters all over new Zealand feel like they under an intense attack from the Conservation Minister Eugenie Sage who has let her personal hatred of wild animals cloud her judgement.
"This mass killing of up to 25,000 animals is unprecedented in this country and about one million kilos of meat will be left to rot on the mountains of New Zealand.   The stench and pollution of headwater streams will be on the Ministerís head. This is our food basket on which many families rely on."  says Alan Simmons President of The NZ Outdoors Party.

" Recreational hunting groups and Hunting guides have already made it clear that a cull of even 10,000 would seriously impinge on the future of their hunting opportunities Ė The Ministerís response was to direct DoC to shoot 17,500 including nannies and kids on top of the 5000 already shot."
He continued ď Hunters and Fisherman need to stand up and show Eugenie Sage she can't bring her past prejudices to the job of conservation Minister."  Itís about time the Game Animal Council was refreshed with elected representatives and given the role of long-term game animal management.  This is the only way that conservation, recreation and commercial interest can be satisfied.Ē

END

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Font

Re: HUNTERS UNDER ATTACK AGAIN
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Run a national poll to put her on the Pest list.

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 7:02am
Print Post  
huntnfish wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 12:46am:
Run a national poll to put her on the Pest list.

Now thereís a poll Iíll vote on!

Seriously though, I doubt pollution of the mountain streams with rotting carcasses has even occurred to her.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:05am
Print Post  
I was pondering this situation while trolling for trout this morning (another item on hit list in future?) after having watched Sunday programme on whitebait and it occured to me what would happen if ALL the rules on ALL the introduced species were removed as has been done to canadian geese..so no more fish n game as they wouldnt have rules to police..... you could net trout in lake Taupo ,shoot ducks with your rifle ,deer,pigs,thar,chammy,goats,sheep,wallabies fair game all year around on public land and nope we could even scrap hunting permits completely as we would only be involved in pest control....paradise ducks and gray ducks would of course be off limits as they are "native" but who would enforce it?????? salmon would be targetable anywhere anytime.....

you want to unite the tribes????? they need to wake up and realise we are all in the same waka on this one.

even the Sunday programme on whitebait missed some fairly obvious points eg the adult whitebait in remote west coast are threatened by what??? more now than before.......trout??? what about the seals that go up rivers and take trout and salmon as they are known to do??? eels have always been there and on this one you cant blame dairy farmers or forestry as its not relevant in the back country....

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:11am
Print Post  
also brings up rules around spotlighting , .22lrs and shotguns on Doc controlled land,places shut for different times of the year...eg all the good bits of peel forest during the spring/summer/roar period,all the good and easy to access bits...its a bit on the nose to tie publics hands them spank them for not doing a good enough job.

IF this proposed thar slaughter goes ahead on public land I guess the private/safari type operations will still have good numbers on thier bit of turf so it will sort of be back to how it was 20ish years ago when lillybank was a nursery that seeded the godley,mccaully,sth opuha etc etc... once this current blight on the landscape has crawled back under her rock and sanity has returned ,the survivers will continue as they have done before and once again will be there to hunt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards