Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Tahr eradication proposed by the minister (Read 21531 times)
Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Tahr eradication proposed by the minister
Reply #285 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
sf90 I just say it how I see it and trust me I give zero f**ks about what anyone thinks of me for doing so.

no sour grapes at all I just hate hearing utter BS and even more so if it involves bribing/brown nosing,  you can prove me wrong though if theres genuine hunters with no monetary gain that have taken it upon themselves to take a bunch of politicians bush for a week to prove to them the same rubbish Greg claimed to be doing it for,  Hell for all we know its probably filmed and make $$$  from it on tv mayby Greg can tell us?

Gonehunting, an enormous amount of effort, dealing with politicians, publicity, planning and getting media attention has been done by a group who care about hunting and in this last instance, what was planned for tahr.
so far they have been making progress.

The one thing that has undermined the hunters cause and picked up on by Eugine sage is the hunters that are shoot those working on behalf of hunting, in the foot. with their big mouths and constant selfish ranting. sage has latched onto this as being hunters don't support the GAC. This is you, and those few who are likeminded

Yourve no idea what it takes to deal with politicians, government departments to combat the anti hunting policies.

What have you ever done to help support those volunteers that are working on behalf of hunters?

And you obviously have no idea what could happen to the likes of deer and Tahr hunting, if the beaurocrats and politicians are not challenged.

Sometimes I might agree with what your saying, but right now you are showing how naeive you are and yourve got your foot well and truly stuck in your mouth

You should be thanking these guys. Not slinging shit

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #286 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Well explained TH., far better to be at the table, putting forward the concerns of the many thousands hunters that could be adversely impacted, by these proposals. Better than walking around, mindlessly, carrying a placard, or moaning and bitching on social media. To concur with SF90, I think I detect a little of the 'green eye of envy'?. If you feel that you can't be civil towards fellow hunters who are trying to protect our tradition and culture of hunting in NZ, just take off, to your location.

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #287 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 12:07am
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
sf90 I just say it how I see it and trust me I give zero f**ks about what anyone thinks of me for doing so.

no sour grapes at all I just hate hearing utter BS and even more so if it involves bribing/brown nosing,  you can prove me wrong though if theres genuine hunters with no monetary gain that have taken it upon themselves to take a bunch of politicians bush for a week to prove to them the same rubbish Greg claimed to be doing it for,  Hell for all we know its probably filmed and make $$$  from it on tv mayby Greg can tell us?

Can you not try to give the Duley's some respect for the family business they have built - the magazine, their writing, the TV Hunter Series.
The work that went into achieving that would have been tremendous, and I can say that because I spent 18 years trying build a business, and failed - not because of the work input, but because I didn't have the skills.

So, for my part I applaud what they have done, and to deny them credit shows a true meanness of spirit.

I can also think of no better team because of the public recognition factor to be the public face for the Foundation - show me a politician or public figure who wants to be seen with a nobody.

Whether they profit is of little concern to me - they are working on our behalf as are more than a few on this forum who sit behind a desk or on a committee for little or nil financial gain.
I know who some are - so kudos to you guys and all the others I don't

The goal is a working relationship between Gov't and the various hunting organisations and while you might not care whether this happens or not, to a great many of us - it does.

So, give credit mate - and a bloody big apology.

IP Logged

Greg Duley, NZ Hunter

NZ Hunter Magazine

Reply #288 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:09am
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
Greg Duley, NZ Hunter wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Say what you like about me GH, but there's a whole bunch of volunteers that you do a huge disservice to with your endless conspiracy theories on here. These guys with a huge passion for hunting and our big game animals give freely of their time and money for no financial reward.
And you are completely wrong with all your accusations as usual.

Im not doubting there are genuine good bastards helping out due to their passion for hunting and I dont think I refered to them at all?

Was it filmed?
And did you just trophy hunt or show them how responsible hunters do their bit?
Did you get any other perks from the trip?

Im sorry Greg but I just dont believe any sane person would want to be crammed in a lil hut with those types of ppl for a week without any financial gain. and the fact you didnt directly answer my questions/ accusations leads me to believe theres some truth to it.

There you go again with your conspiracy theories GH. I clearly said you are completely wrong with your accusations, but just to spell it out for you - No, we were not filming, no, we did not shoot any trophies, were just trying to get the pollies a meat animal each which was all hinds and yearlings. No, there was nothing in it financially for us at all. And yes, we did get a perk from the whole week of our own time at our own cost we put towards trying to educate a few politicians about why hunting and game animals are so important to a lot of New Zealanders - one of them gave us a bottle of whiskey! So hang us out to dry on that!
GH, there's a simple rule of psychology that says you always accuse others of exactly what you would do yourself if only you were able. Let's be quite clear - I nor any of the other volunteers out there fighting for hunting and game animals are anything like you - and thank god for that!

IP Logged

Deer hunter Duck Shooter

Reply #289 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Greg Duley, NZ Hunter wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:09am:
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
Say what you like about me GH, but there's a whole bunch of volunteers that you do a huge disservice to with your endless conspiracy theories on here. These guys with a huge passion for hunting and our big game animals give freely of their time and money for no financial reward.

Im not doubting there are genuine good bastards helping out due to their passion for hunting and I dont think I refered to them at all?

Was it filmed?
And did you just trophy hunt or show them how responsible hunters do their bit?
Did you get any other perks from the trip?

Im sorry Greg but I just dont believe any sane person would want to be crammed in a lil hut with those types of ppl for a week without any financial gain. and the fact you didnt directly answer my questions/ accusations leads me to believe theres some truth to it.

There you go again with your conspiracy theories GH. I clearly said you are completely wrong with your accusations, but just to spell it out for you - No, we were not filming, no, we did not shoot any trophies, were just trying to get the pollies a meat animal each which was all hinds and yearlings. No, there was nothing in it financially for us at all. And yes, we did get a perk from the whole week of our own time at our own cost we put towards trying to educate a few politicians about why hunting and game animals are so important to a lot of New Zealanders - one of them gave us a bottle of whiskey! So hang us out to dry on that!
GH, there's a simple rule of psychology that says you always accuse others of exactly what you would do yourself if only you were able. Let's be quite clear - I nor any of the other volunteers out there fighting for hunting and game animals are anything like you - and thank god for that!

It doesn't matter if he is completely wrong or, not Greg. You have my support and the support of 99% of hunters, probably more. Also if you where to make money while doing so I think all that is awesome. The service you put into hunting is full time I would guess, even in casual conversations you would be batting for hunters way of life.
In closing I am truly happy GH gives "zero f**ks" what people think about him, because he would be miserable in all aspects of his life if he treats people this way.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #290 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Well said. We need pushback or we as a group will be run over.

Keep pushing.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #291 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Why give so much attention to someone clearly craving it?

To get this back on track - did I see Snow Hewetson was appointed President of the Tahr Foundation?

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #292 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:16am
Print Post  
"Think less-stupid more" people like this recent example at the least bring into stark contrast the wonderful work that some people do for our sport.

Its like there being a need for a little bit of evil so that we really understand what good looks like.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Shankspony

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #293 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Yes, and realise that Those who say what they do, will never account for anything. While those who act will get the chance to shape our future. And those who are acting will have achieve support from the free thinking individuals when the time and actions are correct... Like now with the tahr issue.

Thanks Greg and all the others who are fronting this on our behalf.

IP Logged

Conmad Jackvann
Forum Senior

Reply #294 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 11:47am
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Sweet f**k all.  I couldnt really care less about thar so why bother?  Ill act when something pushes my buttons but it wont involve brown nosing politicians to protect my commercial interests as you have done  Smiley

I know youll claim youve done it on behalf of hunters blah blah but when your tv show, magazine and god knows what else you make a dollar from our wild pests and wilderness get threatened your actions seem more for your own benefit then anyone elses.

just out of interest did you get them to shoot a trophy or have a bit of a cull like a good conservation minded hunter that many pretend to be?

Wow....gonehunting what a negative person you appear to be. Does any of your accusation come with any fact?? Like have you actually met Greg? or are you really just another hater that fuels his own insecurity's by sitting around having a crack at the man who's prepared to graft??  and as for not caring about Tahr, that's good for you but surely you are smart enough to understand that this isn't just about Thar?
As for having a crack at the Duley's, I for one have met this family on a personnel level and thinking that Greg or any of the family has an ulterior motive or monetary benefits for fighting this battle (or any of the other numerous battles Greg fights on our behalf) you could not be further from true. They are a very generous, down to earth family who's passion for the outdoors in NZ is truly admirable. I have been lucky enough to spend a few days in the hills with Greg and get too know him and make no mistake if you think you are passionate about hunting and the outdoors in NZ, times that by a billion and you probably still wouldn't reach this mans level. He truly lives for it and its not about money or ego I can tell you that's for sure, and anyone else that knows the family would also tell you the same.

gonehunting, hopefully you may also get the opportunity to run into Greg in the hills yourself one day, maybe do a day on the hill with him, who knows you may well find yourself pretty disappointed in your judge of character.

One thing is true though, you wont get that by sitting at home on the couch being negative and judging people who get out of bed and graft for a living.

Haters are always gonna hate.

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #295 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Well done Greg and thanks, and all the others who are fronting this on our behalf but are not named and in the spot light thank you to, keep up the good work. 99% plus are behind you.

IP Logged

dan boon

Reply #296 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
lol yep like most things people do in the hunting circle. 99% of hunters give guys like greg their support and the other 1% have shit for brains.

IP Logged

Weathered
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Amor Fati

Reply #297 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Oscar wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:09am:
Why give so much attention to someone clearly craving it?

To get this back on track - did I see Snow Hewetson was appointed President of the Tahr Foundation?

Bump... Who are the tahr foundation please Greg?

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

IP Logged

Forester .243

Reply #298 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:08am
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Greg Duley, NZ Hunter wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 7:30am:
gonehuntin wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:52am:
many would disagree but id rather have no hunting opportunity then have hunting totaly controled by a private organisation. sometimes youre better off with then devil you know (doc) then the devil you dont know
get 10 hunters in a room and you wont get all of them to agree on anything,  we are useless at unity on almost all issues so I beleive we are better off to be run by the current doc dictatorship.  id rather them let me go hunt whatever I want then someone (for example) greg duley set rules on size sex age etc even area im allowed to hunt.  get f**ked I like my freedom even if it does involve 1080 waro and culls!!!! 

Really Gone Hunting?

Garry Ottmann and I are just back from taking a bunch of politicians from across the parties on a hunting trip for a week, giving them an appreciation for what we do and bending their ear seriously over a whiskey in the hut at night over the issues like the current tahr one, and the others the Minister of Conservation has in her sights. These parliamentary hunts are all organised and run by the GAC, helped by volunteers like me and Luke from NZ Hunter.
The other guys in the GAC and the Tahr Foundation have been busy all week continuing to work with DoC on the GAC tahr management plan, trying to come up with a workable solution.
All of these people have been doing this in their own time at their own cost.

So do tell us all Gone Hunting, what have you been doing to help ensure hunting and our game animals have a future in NZ???

Sweet f**k all.  I couldnt really care less about thar so why bother?  Ill act when something pushes my buttons but it wont involve brown nosing politicians to protect my commercial interests as you have done  Smiley

I know youll claim youve done it on behalf of hunters blah blah but when your tv show, magazine and god knows what else you make a dollar from our wild pests and wilderness get threatened your actions seem more for your own benefit then anyone elses.

just out of interest did you get them to shoot a trophy or have a bit of a cull like a good conservation minded hunter that many pretend to be?

Shaking my head ..... We hunters are our own worst enemy

IP Logged

tinass

Out there having a go
!

Reply #299 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Yea good on ya Greg. I don't hunt Thar and most likely won't but I threw some $$$ at the foundation as a measure of my concern in the direction DOC are going. To be so short sighted as to not believe that an easy Thar cull wouldn't lead to more species in the spotlight is ignorant.
Thanks for your efforts.
As a wise man once said "don't argue with fools because someone watching wont be able to tell the difference".
GH, you seem to be a special kind.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards