Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Poll
Poll closed Question: If it was possible to aerially dispense 1080 and 100% guarantee no by-kill of any game or farm animal, would you be OK with aerial1080 operations?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes    
  16 (23.9%)
Yes, providing they could also keep it out of the water supply    
  12 (17.9%)
Yes, providing it only killed rats and stoats    
  10 (14.9%)
No.    
  29 (43.3%)

Total votes: 67
« Created by: Davey H on: Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:58pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) What If 1080 did not kill game or farm animals (Read 2311 times)
Marty Foote
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: What If 1080 did not kill game or farm animals
Reply #45 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Salmoner wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
Perhaps , just perhaps , some shouldnt put up statements and pass them off as fact when clearly they are not fact they are pure fiction [fiction at best] ?

DOC clearly knew Orange fronts were there as they were on a feeder established by DOC in the Hawdon, there was one photographed in the Poulter and another on a DOC established feeder in the South Branch. That is all 3 known sites of the orange fronts and there are birds at each site.

I don't know where you are getting your information from. How I came to be looking at Orange-Fronted Parakeets (OFP) came about by accident.

I was sent a heap of DOC financial information for lots of operations. I was working through the list and going to the EPA reports to compare the EPA data with what I had. I started coming across a number of different named operations that all were similar. I looked up a topomap app and found that all the operational areas were for the same catchment and basically were the same OFP population.

The information I am quoting comes directly from the DOC EPA published reports and that includes the fact that DOC, for 4 years, claimed that there was "no significant decline" in the OFP population and right at the end of the last report it states that no OFP have been able to be found during that 4 year period.

DOC are running around releasing captive bred birds, however, the OFP populations being "protected" were the last known existing naturally occurring OFP populations.

IP Logged

Vulcan
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: What If 1080 did not kill game or farm animals
Reply #46 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I have a fundamental problem with dropping tons of poison into our environment. As humans we have terrible habit of doing the "she'll be right" to only find out decades later it was a big mistake - this includes the scientists/doctors. You only need to look back over the 200 years to see how many ideas were blatantly stupid (245t, smoking, lead, asbestos and the list goes on).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards