Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tangihua Forest Goats (Read 478 times)
PSE-Rally79
Just Joined

Is a Goat too much to
ask for? lol

Tangihua Forest Goats
Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Hi all.. im a new bow hunter (3 months) and ive been struggling alot with trying to get my first goat kill... just been reading the spotx book n would like to know if anyone has been hunting Tangihua Forest in Northland this year? and if still holds high goat numbers now since my spotx seems to be published in 2012 and alot can change in 6 years...
cheers for any info

IP Logged

mitch270
Donor Member

No longer owns a .270

Re: Tangihua Forest Goats
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
You could come down to the Waikato and try Bridal Veil Falls. I went there for lunch the other day between jobs and could see goats on the surrounding farmland and from the top of the falls. Itís a bow hunting only block, no firearms.

IP Logged

PSE-Rally79
Just Joined

Is a Goat too much to
ask for? lol

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
ive spent my last 3 months hunting Bridal Veil.. its closer for me to hunt as im in Papakura but it seems very very few can be located in the bush... im pretty happy hunting there but with no success yet the wife is getting annoyed and has told me to get results or give it up... so just looking for places that holds more goat numbers... when i was hunting with a rifle years ago i would get goats pretty easily, mostly cos i had access to a private block but dont have that anymore... seems all the door knocking ive done in Waikaretu and Port Waikato has resulted in a no or whoever answers the door doesnt have authority to say yes... i guess ill just keep going with Bridal until the wife ends the enjoyment  Sad Sad
cheers tho

IP Logged

Cigar

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
My missus commented on whether I was actually going hunting as I never brought any venison home - nek minnit (next trip) two fallow on the deck.
Your wife may have just blessed you with good luck!
I don't go hunting to collect meat, I go because I enjoy being out there and the hunting gives it a purpose and adds to the enjoyment, and takes you places you wouldn't go as a tramper. Probably the same for a lot of people.

IP Logged

PSE-Rally79
Just Joined

Is a Goat too much to
ask for? lol

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
well maybe i should go for a drive down to Pureora this sunday... id be pretty happy coming back with a couple hinds on the back lol

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Goats in the Te Kauri Lodge DOC Reserve on the way out to Kawhia. They all ended up in there and the neighboring farm land when the goat cullers went through Pirongia Mountain last time.

IP Logged

CeeJ
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Lots of goats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards