Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Toilet habits (Read 474 times)
Jdub

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Toilet habits
Sep 2nd, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Hey guys.

Any tips on toilet training.
I purchased a pup at 6 months old, now 7 months, she had zero training, bad habits etc . She's learning quick all the doos n don'ts but I'm unsure how to discourage her from pissing n shitting on the pavers in the patio area...
Any handy tips?

IP Logged

PORKCHOP
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Re: Toilet habits
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Are the pavers part of the area she is contained in? Or is it just when you let her out she races over to the pavers and does a crap?

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
dog easier than bitch but try this trick...when you let her out at night take her to area you want her to toilet in and pee on something yourself...tell dog "do the biz" or whatever and when she pees give praise..... both my bitches like to hide when doing a dump,so an area out of sight is great.

a good method for dogs is to put road cone on street corner for a week then bring it into section and place where you want dog to pee....they cant resist "social networking" and check out posts to see what others have left and add there own Wink

if you can dig a post hole down back corner of garden and keep putting craps into it she might get hint and crap over near it...our two USUALLY crap within 5 yards of the compost bin where the landminds go....a flat coal type shovel is just the berries for poop scooping off the lawn.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
oh the do the biz bit is plurry handy when travelling any distance in car too, stop put dog on lead and walk off road,give command and hey presto,happy dog Wink (in my case I need to stop for leak myself so dog quite happy to get out too Grin)
hope that some help,nothing worse than crap on your slippers .

IP Logged

Jdub

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the feedback.
She's a bitch. My dogs are pets as well as part time hunters and are not contained, we live in urban Pukekohe so their area is the small area of our back yard,  my older dog does not use the pavers as a dump site...
It was obvious when I got her she has had zero training, she has learnt most of the house rules quickly but it's obvious she doesn't hesitate to stop n pee wherever she pleases... it's obvious she's had free reign for the first 6 months of her life

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
ok well difinately try the go out and pee where you want it method then..... when she let out of house make sure she chased/kept  off pavers till she has done the biz.
we have a timid bitch who will squat and pee if you raise your voice so training was interesting to say the least.

IP Logged

PORKCHOP
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
You could try disinfecting the concrete and adding a deterrent, possibly the water bottle trick or a store bought deterrent.

I think Micky is onto something with the waste pile.

Good luck

IP Logged

Jdub

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Cheers MD and pork chop..
Took her for her first hunt yesterday,  no Pigs caught  but a bit of sign and she was happy to follow the finder a lot of the time and do a bit of her own looking around,   promising so far

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Keep an eye on her when she’s due to take a dump and as soon as she starts getting into position raise your voice and chase her over to where you want her to crap.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards