Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DPT on a .17HMR (Read 471 times)
Paul Stenning
Online Forum Guide
Staff

Does life exist north
of the Mataura?

DPT on a .17HMR
Aug 31st, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Hi has anyone had experience with a DPT rimfire Suppressor on a .17HMR .... Or any other views on what is best suppressor for a .17HMR? Thanks!

Never trust those who do not trust others!

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Re: DPT on a .17HMR
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Have one on my Lithgow 17HMR and are very happy with it. Light, durable and the dog certainly appreciates it when shooting over him.

Cheers,
JaSa

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Been waiting for years for Darren to make an o/b one for me. Anyone see him give him a huck up. Thanks. Wink

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 3:28am
Print Post  
sako wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:22pm:
Been waiting for years for Darren to make an o/b one for me. Anyone see him give him a huck up. Thanks. Wink

ring him,,use you personal persuader Kiss

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 8:44am
Print Post  
yes Paul a friend I go shooting with a couple of times a year has a 17wmr and it is quite pleasant to be around when can is in place and rather unpleasant when its not.....
I own one of Darrens cans it sits on my poohseventy and its great.....cant say/see if its any better or worse than the gunworks spartans I also use,shorter and fatter yes pokes off end of barrel about 3/4" less yes but what little weight there is sits slightly further forward as its shorter overall so next to no difference in carry feel either.
you COULD use a DPT on bigger rifle and stick same can on 17 when needed so get double the advantage.....maybe just swap end baffle and cap???

IP Logged

wake
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
I have used both gunworks and dpt on my 17hmr. To my supprise the dpt was quieter I didn't think it would be because it was smaller in diameter. But to be fair the gunworks the gunworks can was for a 22mag. I think you won't go wrong with the dpt.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
264Magic wrote on Sep 1st, 2018 at 3:28am:
sako wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:22pm:

ring him,,use you personal persuader Kiss

Not a major. Seeing him no doubt at the SS shortly and will buy 2 more stainless baffles which we will run 2 at a time on the 223 can.Should ask him if the 223 can could be adapted for an o/b can on the 17. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards