Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic marty foote (Read 1915 times)
pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

marty foote
Aug 26th, 2018 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
would someone on here please explain to me why marty has been banned from the forum

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: marty foote
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Hi Pope, Marty persists in referring to another members  employment the details of which are personal and may in context also affect that persons employment. .We all enjoy the right to anonymity if we choose and the right to some privacy on this forum.  In addition I judged he used these personal details in a bullying way.

Marty has been warned and banned repeatedly for the above style of posting and gets away with is quite often but at some point a line gets drawn in the sand.

When he signed up to the forum as all of us, we agreed to abide by the forum rules.

He will be back in a month no doubt.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 2:15pm:
Hi Pope, Marty persists in referring to another members  employment the details of which are personal and may in context also affect that persons employment. .We all enjoy the right to anonymity if we choose and the right to some privacy on this forum.  In addition I judged he used these personal details in a bullying way.

Marty has been warned and banned repeatedly for the above style of posting and gets away with is quite often but at some point a line gets drawn in the sand.

When he signed up to the forum as all of us, we agreed to abide by the forum rules.

The guy would make an exceptional ratter  Roll Eyes

Far far to PC around here  Smiley

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
EC wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

In my book it has nothing to do with PC. Its to do with common decency.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Yes an false or misleading assertions can fly far and have serious consequences in the workplace.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
BC wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 4:27pm:
EC wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

In my book it has nothing to do with PC. Its to do with common decency.

Surely you don't have ti be told where to put your book .. Smiley

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
Yes an false or misleading assertions can fly far and have serious consequences in the workplace.  Smiley

But they could also be truthfull,,ti hell with the workplace.

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Marty's claims didn't worry me. He'd just been badly informed, I suspect most employers wouldn't take him that seriously anyway. But someone else might be in a different position if he tried it again in future.

The Forum has rules. More importantly, there's no place here for a form of the "Thug's Veto", and that needed stopped. This is a place for more than just sober debate, but surely we can disagree without being disagreeable.

Hope he's back after the month is up.

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Oscar wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:31pm:
Marty's claims didn't worry me. He'd just been badly informed, I suspect most employers wouldn't take him that seriously anyway. But someone else might be in a different position if he tried it again in future.

The Forum has rules. More importantly, there's no place here for a form of the "Thug's Veto", and that needed stopped. This is a place for more than just sober debate, but surely we can disagree without being disagreeable.

Well, it didn't take a month. After a few email conversations with the forum managers we worked out that I should be allowed to speak openly again.

However, I have learned that if someone gives me permission to speak openly on one thread, that does not mean that I can speak openly, using the same information, on another thread and I can drawn over the coals simply for thinking that what is said one thread can be easily transferred to another thread even though the same people are talking on both threads.

I get it...I have to stop thinking in terms of being a very good trapper and have to think in terms of what a bureaucrat would think...Just the same as my dealings with DOC and OSPRI.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Or - you could go back to being the old Marty we either love or hate.

And I ain't one of the latter, but when it comes to 'stirring' - you do have a gift.

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Welcome back Marty ,it has been a tad quiet

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Ive seen this happen in Monopoly.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Marty Foote wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 10:27pm:
Oscar wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 5:31pm:

Well, it didn't take a month. After a few email conversations with the forum managers we worked out that I should be allowed to speak openly again.

However, I have learned that if someone gives me permission to speak openly on one thread, that does not mean that I can speak openly, using the same information, on another thread and I can drawn over the coals simply for thinking that what is said one thread can be easily transferred to another thread even though the same people are talking on both threads.

I get it...I have to stop thinking in terms of being a very good trapper and have to think in terms of what a bureaucrat would think...Just the same as my dealings with DOC and OSPRI.

Thats bullshit Marty, I took pity on you and also to balance it against another banning that followed a day latter. Im already regretting being a soft co*k. My bad.

Do not continue to to push your arguments by using someones identity as leverage. If it happens again youll be gone again quick as I can push the button.

Apart from that welcome back..

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:07pm:
Thats bullshit Marty, I took pity on you and also to balance it against another banning that followed a day latter. Im already regretting being a soft co*k. My bad.

Do not continue to to push your arguments by using someones identity as leverage. If it happens again youll be gone again quick as I can push the button.

Apart from that welcome back..

Ha, ha, ha - you'd make one helluva good cop, bad cop all rolled into one  Smiley

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Good to have you up on deck again Marty, what was it like down in the bilges?.  Cheesy Grin   Your heart'
s in the right place, re 1080. but in this snowflake world we are forced to live in now, lots of luvvies cannot handle vociferously stated field experience. I don't get involved in 1080 discussions, but I know what I have seen, and observed over a  period of time.

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards