Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Single shot rifle (Read 2715 times)
bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Single shot rifle
Reply #15 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 2:14am
Print Post  
  i just got a bergara s/s .223 single with a dpt, had it up the range yesterday shoots vtight groups at 100m, barrel is 18 inches,bin wanting a single for quite a while, looked a baikals didnt like the fact of no hammer to co*k plus cluncky trigger and cant get them stainless, most of my hunting is bush stalking so its nice to have bullet in the chamber, the cocking/hammer sound is quite as, trigger pull is nice and adjustable, I think....... tis a bit heavy though, time will tell

IP Logged

Huntertoo
Donor Member

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 2:29am
Print Post  
The no1 is no take down, however you may gain 2inches of barrel length due to a very compact action compared to a bolt action rifle of the same rifle length.

The world is not full of arseholes. But, they are strategically placed so you'll come across one every day.

IP Logged

Vault
Banned

Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Baikal

Built Russian Tough
Take down
No rear exposed hammer to get caught and co*k your rifle unexpectedly whilst bush bashing
Has a cocking lever behind trigger guard, can be decocked.
Mine is 7.62*39 shoots 1 inch high at 50m, 1 inch low at 100m, 6 inches low at 200m with Hornady SST.
I've ne er needed to shoot further and if I did then I just get closer or if shooting on the tops I'd use something more suitable.
Mine has a reasonable trigger with a predictable left off point on second stage and groups all shots touching at 100m
I have often shot 2 pigs in a matter of zeconds from 40-60m just beaware that steel cased ammo.sometimes doesnt extract instantly.
Its my go to gun and has shot n killed rabbits, hares, possums, pukekos, goats, pigs, deer, feral sheep, feral cows, feral bulls.

Wooden stocked and so solid I could hold it by the muzzle and damn near knock a pig out with one swing.

I prefer the Hardies suppressor on it as its low profile and I use a Leupold 1.5-5 with minimal glare via a Maxtoch M24.

I grew up a Sako man, yet For the price of a bare sako i can buy two baikals, chopped, threaded, with leupold optics and hardies suppressor.

Wood doesnt vibrate like most Synthetic stock

These Rossi n Bergaras are a lesser gun than the trusty Baikal.

Govt can ONLY change commercial law which is by Contract ONLY.

"we do not consent to be governed"
"we do not consent to Contract"
"we will not hesitated to defend ourselves when required"

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Iím with Vault - I have a .223 Baikal and love it. Itís running home loads which are sub-MOA out to 200y. Itís got a Leupold on top and Iíve taken a Sika stag with it 2 years ago along with plenty of other stuff. I would love to buy something Ďbetterí but actually itís not a bad gun and thatís not a bad thing. Iím now trying to get a suppressor to work properly on it but if that doesnít work out Iíve still got a fallow headshooter for meat animals and a goat gun.
Donít knock the Baikalís; agricultural but bloody tough.
Itís like comparing a Modern 4x4† (Sako Tikka etc ) with an old school series 2 Land Rover (Baikal) - you know which ones gonna last and will get you anywhere. And you donít mind if it gets dirty!
Definitely not a townie gun😂

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards