Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Hikoi to parliament sept 8th (Read 1699 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Hikoi to parliament sept 8th
Aug 22nd, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Hey all I'm heading down to the anti 1080 Hikoi that will march on parliament on the 8th of Sept. Just putting it out there as a pretty good crowd seem to be a gathering and it could be a ground breaking event.

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Re: Hikoi to parliament sept 8th
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
hope its a good turn out can't be there but fully support it

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Getting a lot of media attention isn't it - not.

Wife came home from town the other day and told me there were people in there protesting 1080.
So I looked on the computer to see who had arranged it - and why I hadn't heard about it and that's when I learned about the Hikoi.

Hope they get good support - what they're doing is better than just sitting here bitching about it - Amen.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
hikois and hakas have been over used and lost the impact they once had hence why there is very little mention of it.

out of intererst alan what do you call a good crowd? Is it in the tens or hundreds?

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 12:49am
Print Post  
They are getting good numbers in the small centers. 200 in Wanganui, 60 in Turangi... No Idea how many they will get in Wgtn but gotta go and see... might be bugger all. This is now a new bunch of people organizing...I note some of the old guard are missing!

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:24am
Print Post  
I guess some of the "old guard" don't inhabit Facebook, tweet , twit, etc Alan; hence are not in the loop.

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Yes this is a whole new generation that use facebook... so us oldies are a bit out of it... but they do seem to making headway as the very doc aholes who love poisoning our food basket are trolling facebook...as you know they are not here any longer but on facebook continuously... I'm heading down to the hikoi as I suspect they are making waves and of course my concern as the outdoors party is as I said above..we have aright to harvest wild foods that has not been poisoned or exposed to poison in a wild places..

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
alan we have rights to f**k all, so to say we have a right to unpoisoned wild meat is bulls**t ( moraly correct but legaly no rights)   this is just rubbish that pours from politicians mouths if you want credability then please dont use made up crap to suit your agenda that makes you no better then any other prick in govt we cant stand.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Thats how we feel and I make no apology for it. They are topdressing the poison on wild untouched country and causing a lot of poison to be transmitted through the food chain and we have a right not to have it.. The land belongs to the people of NZ..and as people we are having no say in this... I suspect they would be happier if we all bought our meat from the supermarket... I dont really understand your thinking! Smiley If we dont have rights then who does!
They could of course put it in bait stations but that would be too much work easier  to just top dress it..even into our water supply....which is happening now on the catchment above me...

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Maybe a small bus from Taupo region?

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
I can take some people down...
Pihanga drop tomorrow morning at daybreak..

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 3:57pm:
alan we have rights to f**k all, so to say we have a right to unpoisoned wild meat is bulls**t ( moraly correct but legaly no rights)   this is just rubbish that pours from politicians mouths if you want credability then please dont use made up crap to suit your agenda that makes you no better then any other prick in govt we cant stand.

That's incorrect - we do have a NZ Bill of Rights (1990) which amongst many things permits ...........
Freedom of speech and the 'right' to peaceful protest.
Ability to choose your favourite religion.
Gives every Citizen the right to vote ....... in the party that tells the most porkies.
The Bill also has provision to protect the air we breath, the water we drink ................... (ha, ha, ha)
It also protects our great outdoors via Govt agencies - DOC, and a great many other things.

As Alan says, the Government's job is to represent us and that's why we get to vote.
Occasionally the Government forgets that and thinks it owns us - and that's when you get off your arse and make a noise.

Without dredging through that Bill, I strongly suspect you will find provision for the protection of cultural activities of native populations re food gathering on native lands.
Previous generations of Maori wouldn't tolerate the wholesale poisoning of these areas - and why they allow it now is something I've often wondered.
Eels, poaka (pigs), deer, rats, possums and various bird species are all part of native diet - as it is for many of us.

This Hikoi is an important protest, and whether it makes any immediate difference is not of any real consequence - for it will cause people to think and discuss - and down the track we will see where that leads.

To me, aerial topdressing of 1080 is the biggest crime committed in this country at this time - and one day it will be seen for that.

"Hey dad, did they really do that back then ?"
"Nah, just a bad dream son."

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
The choppers will be dropping it in our food basket around Turangi tomorrow morning and I suspect from behind locked gates on Maori land even though the hapu have all refused.. We live on the pigs and deer around here and our water comes from mount Pihanga... about to be carpet bombed...

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Better stock up on bottled water Alan

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 11:41am
Print Post  
TJ wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:52am:
Better stock up on bottled water Alan

Sadly - that's becoming a necessity for a lot of us.

Most people around here drink lake water - and have since the place was divvied up and settled in the early 1950's.
At a meeting earlier this year we discovered that water is now unfit for human consumption - and has been for some years.

Two or three years back I was heading south and flipped the radio on about Taupo to get the unexpected pleasure of listening to Nick Smith talking about the new 'European water qualities' Government were considering adopting.
Those 'qualities' allowed that a percentage, a very small one at that, of NZ water (lakes, rivers) would be potable - fit for human consumption.
A larger percentage would be suitable for bathing, but not for drinking.
Then there'd be water only fit for paddling - not suitable for full immersion.
Finally - there'd be water you daren't look at for fear of catching something incurable.

Gummerment was happy with that scenario - solved all our water problems.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards