Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bergara B14 ? (Read 673 times)
smokin salmon

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Bergara B14 ?
Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Anyone bought a B14 ( something other than a Tikka) and how is it performing so far? Seem quite a nice rifle for the price.

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Re: Bergara B14 ?
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Bought a B14 HMR last week and just putting the scope on and will try it on the weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

First impression is very good. Nice finish, very smooth bolt, great trigger and stock doesn't move at all when putting sideways pressure on. Fits very nice after taking one spacer out. Supplied test group from the factory is 11mm @ 100m with 140gr Hornady.
Oh, and it is in 6.5CM ...† Roll Eyes

IP Logged

km7639
Just Joined

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Hi ya i've got a B14 hunter. I really like it. Got it chopped to 20inchs and put my dpt on it. Mines a 308.  Quite a few good facebook groups on them.
Ive tried about 5 different types of ammo to get sub moa.
One thing i would recommend is checking the last two numbers on the serial number. Its the manufactured year. Mine is a 16 and i brought it in 2018.
The bolt shroud have had some problems in america, mines fine but Bergara have changed the shroud now that's why i would try and get a newer manufactured one.
Happy hunting

IP Logged

smokin salmon

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Thatís interesting KM. Was thinking about a 308. Was it bullet weight that you tried. Any average group sizes ? .lm a shit shot to start with so I need all the accuracy I can get Grin

IP Logged

km7639
Just Joined

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
I've only tried 150gr. I've come from a howa with a 1/10 twist to the 1/12 on the bergara so ive thought that some lower grains might be the go but the guys I've chatted to in the US recon go 168gr. To be honest i haven't had the time lately. I've put t hrough about 90 rounds now and groups are getting better down to about .75 of a inch. But im shooting off a bipod and no rear bag.
I think set up right with a rear bag you could go alot smaller real quick. My first groups were good then it all went too shit and i wished i brought a tika. But found action screws were loose. I haven't had the problem since. Ive got the trigger just about as light as it will go. Still around 3lbs i think.
My shooting has definitely improved 😁 since i got it.

IP Logged

JaSa

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
That's the new toy:

And yup, she is a shooter...

100m in a paddock off the bipod, no sandbags or other fancy things. Hornady Precision Hunter factory ammo featuring the 143gr ELD-X. The white inside circle is one inch to give you an idea on the group size.
Only put 20 round through today and will see how she settles down but so far very, very impressed !

Cheers,
JaSa

IP Logged

smokin salmon

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Nothing wrong with that JaSa. Seems really good ammo. Son tried some in his 7mm mag , 3 through almost the same hole. Hard to get any in  7milmag in CHCH at the moment itís so popular.
Did you adjust the trigger on your Begara, or should I ask is it (self) adjustable ?

IP Logged

km7639
Just Joined

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Yip pretty easy allen key on front of trigger mechanism.

IP Logged

JaSa

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
As km7639 says it's just one allen key screw...

Mine still had a bit left to lighten so went right to the minimum pull and feels great. For a hunting rifle probably too light but this one will be only used to punch steel or tip over the odd goat, pig and deer coming into view when sitting on top of the hills on the farm so not an issue.

Cheers,
JaSa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards